Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 LastLast

Thread: New car news!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I actually think they look pretty cool with the Indy version rear aero. Can one of the Photoshop aces remove that airbox on the Sonnys car for me please. Honestly, with out hte airbox and goofy side pods, the car might not be so terribly bad looking.

BTW- what does Dallara and ICS actually call the karbashians? It's been so long now since anyone used a read term I can't honestly remember.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some MS Paint quickies. Original, followed by three chopped pics. I didn't put much effort into it. The end results sort of remind me of the F3000-based Indy Lights Lola introduced in 1997.

\"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Much better, thank you. Looks like a race car not lawnmower. That would be a good starting point for next year updates.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Much better, thank you. Looks like a race car not lawnmower. That would be a good starting point for next year updates.
    IMHO, meh. I just don't see that it makes that much difference.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Not knowing exactly where the engine lies under the cowling, I'd drop the cowling down lower to the energizer logo, then loose the stupid sidepods for a more traditional sidepod like the Dallara roadcourse concept sidepods.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It actually looks better with the rear bumper.... To me the biggest ugly on the car is the side pods - fix those and the rest is ok. I'd prefer no air box - but it is ok....

At this point, I'll be happy to see what the aero kits bring us next year - the things race pretty well so I guess you can't have everything....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic
    Some MS Paint quickies. Original, followed by three chopped pics. I didn't put much effort into it. The end results sort of remind me of the F3000-based Indy Lights Lola introduced in 1997.
    Nothing separates Indycar from the rest of the open wheel world like a roll hoop (and lower engine cowling).

Lost on everybody but us. Funny huh...
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    It actually looks better with the rear bumper.... To me the biggest ugly on the car is the side pods - fix those and the rest is ok. I'd prefer no air box - but it is ok.....

Is this what you mean Chris.......
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's a good photochop!
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixent

Is this what you mean Chris.......
    Thank you! Much,much better looking car, what if they remove a bumper and move a wing little bit forward than maybe incorporate some safety bar in the back as a part of the wing assembly. Car would look better and it would add safety. Just thinking out loud.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!