Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: New car news!!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimispeed
    Those rear wings are different!! I wonder how they are for drafting. Honestly, I think they look badass though!!

April 4 Indianapolis 500 test gallery - Racer.com

Jim
    Well, now... I think the word of the day is "funky".
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimispeed
    Those rear wings are different!! I wonder how they are for drafting. Honestly, I think they look badass though!!

April 4 Indianapolis 500 test gallery - Racer.com

Jim
    I think they look pretty damn cool! The side view of the Sonny's car is killer!

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ....looks like some of my frends here, did go for extra expense on those special glasses that make things appear better. Car looks like is designed by Toro.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    ....looks like some of my frends here, did go for extra expense on those special glasses that make things appear better. Car looks like is designed by Toro.
    You tomato. I saw tomahto. Sorry, but I DO really like the look in oval trim a lot, even with my glasses off.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Thanks for sharing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The last time I saw a rear wing that low was on Carpentier's Formula Atlantic at Road America in the mid-nineties.

Andretti - "flat-out through turn one".

Hmm... don't know if I like the sound of that.
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbles
    The last time I saw a rear wing that low was on Carpentier's Formula Atlantic at Road America in the mid-nineties.

Andretti - "flat-out through turn one".

Hmm... don't know if I like the sound of that.
    I know I DON'T like the idea of ANYONE being able to go flat out on any oval corner. I want them to have to lift, due to more HP and less downforce. Flat out on an oval corner is just flat out unacceptable, period.

Gary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is no metaphor or analogy that is going to make these cars look better or faster. To bad for great opportunity missed .
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    I know I DON'T like the idea of ANYONE being able to go flat out on any oval corner. I want them to have to lift, due to more HP and less downforce. Flat out on an oval corner is just flat out unacceptable, period.

Gary
    I agree and what worries me is that these cars were so inherently unstable out of the box on ovals that they may have had to bolt on enough aero or reduce horsepower to keep them straight that they will all be running around in one... what's that word I'm looking for... Pack! To be fair, Andretti also said "it wasn't pretty in traffic" -- keeping in mind that Marco isn't known for being a set-up king.

However, I believe it's too early for concern. Perhaps that bulbous rear end will result in some nice drafting.
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/