Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
Because it was among past news.

Release Planned for MN Sex Offender Who Molested 29 Boys
KSTP.com - 5 days
Minnesota has never successfully discharged a sex offender from its commitment program. In the program's 19 years, one other man was freed with conditions in 2000, but was taken back into custody on a violation.
Either you are being purposely evasive and try and skew the facts or you really do believe what you write. Whether you're being dishonest or stupid doesn't matter because you are obviously wrong.

You claimed Minn. has had a Rehabilitation system for 20 years and the only person released has raped again and been taken back into custody. What you are talking about is the Commitment program which is a highly contentious scheme. Actually, the scheme itself isn't that contentious; in the UK we call it sectioning. However, some states use it to to remove swathes of criminals such as serious sexual criminals and incarcerate them indefinitely.

Minn. has in fact many different schemes and strategies for dealing with all types of offenders as I detailed and there is overwhelming evidence that these are much more effective on convicted sexual offenders than incarceration only.

Please re-read what you claimed and what I posted.

As for indefinitely sectioning the most serious sexual deviants, I think that is a very valid option but it must be used in proportion. I believe that the onus should be on the innocent in these matters and if there is a realistic chance that a serious sexual criminal will re-offend, then the public should be protected. However, you can't just make up facts otherwise it devalues the whole case.