Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    She said "Well Valentino, you can park those shiny AlpineStars under my bed ANY time you like, big boy" ; )

I though that it read " I've a lovely set of skittles, and you can strike them all night, big boy Vale"

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Unfortunately didn't see the race, had other stuff do to.

As expected, Elias was strong on his home circuit. Hopefully he can keep that form on other circuits this season. Yamaha showed again that they are stronger than last year. Rossi seems to be a clear title favourite at the moment.

Hayden seems to go the same way as Thomas Luthi last year in 125cc - an injury is faithful for the hopes of a reigning champion...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotbikerchic33
    La razza di domenica era molto buona che ho piaciuto esso molto molto eccitando! io giusto spera che la prossima razza sarà proprio come eccitando!

Sunday's race was very good (then a verb I don't know, something to do with being pleasing) then very exciting. I just hope that the next race will be just as exciting.

I think. Funny thing is, I thought the Italian for race was "gara" not "razza".
    MotoGPMatters.com - MotoGP Analysis And Reports

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kind of funny that the closest MotoGP grid ever produced a processional race. Guess it's cos they've been doing a lot of testing there and so the race setups were basically all sorted.

The 125s were pretty good though, good battle for the lead at the end and a great ride from Pol Espargaro in 4th place [he's 15 years old btw. Great things beckon] amongst others. Shame for Bradley Smith, his race was ruined by Pasini barging them both off on lap 2. He will improve.

And the 250s were excellent, it did look impossible to pick a winner. I'd been a bit iffy about Alvaro's preseason form (hence why I didn't pick him for my team - he's been one of my fave riders since 2004) but that was a star performance. Dovi was also excellent, fighting Honda's battle on his own this year in 250s so far (Takahashi is still recovering from broken bones last year so isn't on the pace).

And an excellent crowd on hand, it kinda felt weird watching Qatar for the start of the season with no crowd there. Much better in Jerez!
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patnicholls

And an excellent crowd on hand, it kinda felt weird watching Qatar for the start of the season with no crowd there. Much better in Jerez!

I was wondering about that. Which overpaid bean counter chose Qatar as the season opener? And how many more years is Dorna contracted to hold races there? It seems like a very bad place to have 800cc's of world class race bike pouring heat onto a rider covered head to toe in leather, fibreglass, polycarbonates and plastics! I caught a vid from MotoGP.com about the night tests they ran at Qatar in the hopes of saving some of the heat by running the races at night. Lighting was an issue which is too bad because having one night race in the season would be cool!
    edlalu rides his cbr600f4i everyday!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kropotkin
    Sunday's race was very good (then a verb I don't know, something to do with being pleasing) then very exciting. I just hope that the next race will be just as exciting.

I think. Funny thing is, I thought the Italian for race was "gara" not "razza".
    Not bad well done

Now what am i saying???

Il valentino va vincere il campionato quest'anno con la venuta di Dani o Casey seconda!
    27 is the Number and Casey Stoner is the name!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotbikerchic33

Il valentino va vincere il campionato quest'anno con la venuta di Dani o Casey seconda!

That Valentino will win the championship this year with Dani or Casey second. I'm not sure about your guesses for second place though. We'll have to wait and see!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edlalu
    I was wondering about that. Which overpaid bean counter chose Qatar as the season opener? And how many more years is Dorna contracted to hold races there? It seems like a very bad place to have 800cc's of world class race bike pouring heat onto a rider covered head to toe in leather, fibreglass, polycarbonates and plastics!!
    Other than Qatar, Istanbul Turkey is the less crowd race either. I think aside of number of money contracted to host the race in couple years there, we have to acknowledge about diversity. Motogp isn't only for Europe consumption but let them in different side of this planet have chance to watch such interesting sport too.

Quote Originally Posted by edlalu
    I caught a vid from MotoGP.com about the night tests they ran at Qatar in the hopes of saving some of the heat by running the races at night. Lighting was an issue which is too bad because having one night race in the season would be cool!
    Night race maybe an idea to try something feels differently and to solve temperature issue of tropical race, but it may require a thoughtful study about its feasibility relating to rider safety and the costing.

I think if temperature is a serious problem, trying racing to the afternoon, let’s say from 1.00 pm onward isn't a fault. Make the races of all three classes more compact, the race shouldn't exceed 4.00 pm.
    Alternatively the smaller classes can start off in the morning, 9-12 am, and motogp start on 2.00 pm.
    It will give me time in between the two races for taking rest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kropotkin
    That Valentino will win the championship this year with Dani or Casey second. I'm not sure about your guesses for second place though. We'll have to wait and see!
    Very good almost right!

Now this one

Me pensa che la sua scoperta delle risposte su un sito web di alcuni generi io sia giustamente o ho torto??
    27 is the Number and Casey Stoner is the name!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    Other than Qatar, Istanbul Turkey is the less crowd race either. I think aside of number of money contracted to host the race in couple years there, we have to acknowledge about diversity. Motogp isn't only for Europe consumption but let them in different side of this planet have chance to watch such interesting sport too.
    I think Shanghai and Qatar are the two races with the lowest attendances. Istanbul gets some 30,000 spectators, which isn't bad. Plus, Istanbul is a fantastic racetrack, unlike Shanghai which is absolutely awful. Qatar isn't bad as a track, but it's a little abstract, you can tell it's been designed by computer. But Istanbul really flows, it's lovely.

So, I hope they drop Shanghai first if MotoGP goes to Indy next year. It would be no loss, in my opinion.