Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,256 Times in 682 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    I see who started this thread, what has happened to AFF nowadays??

One thing I am glad of. The new champion will be decided at the last event, unlike last year. I even followed F1 closer than WRC last year, because it was such a close battle. This year, the tables are turned
    I'm sure there is a F1 Grand Prix the same weekend as RallyGB.........so all the attention will be on that.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would be intersted to know if in 2001 people were saying about Richard what is now being said about Mikko. To my mind Richard was in a much weaker position than Mikko is now because he had only won NZ (he didn't win anything else that year) and Mikko has won two events. People still seem to admire Richard (at least, I still do) and I think in time people will look on Mikko the same way. If Mikko wins the title this year it will be just as valid as Richards as they both prioritized consistent result over speed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Mikkos performance is sad...seeing people actually supporting him its even more sad...

you want the slowest driver of this year to win a title...a driver who in the last 3 event forced his FASTER team mate to slow down for him...

Sad little men with sad little lifes seeing the nothingness of them in Mikko...

makes me sick and losing all hope for the human race...

I just don't know what to make of these kinds of posts! On one hand they are so hypocritical as to be comical but on the other they are so negative they suck the very spirit out of this forum. Being fairly new to the WRC, I was craving as much information and history on the series I could get my eyeballs on and soon found this forum to have the most technical and well-informed members of any rally forum I visited. Unfortunately it didn't take long to discover it was also cursed with a cancer, someone so negative and condescending as to prevent the average enthusiast from becoming more involved. Unfortunate as the WRC could use all the new fans it can get and I assure you, from a newcomers point of view, you aren't doing it any favors. Take a couple of hours one night and browse through a random sampling of your 14,500+ posts and let me know how many you feel were enlightening, relevant, accurate or relayed in an adult fashion. Maybe it's a "European thing" that as an American I just don't understand but as a Mikko supporter, I assure you that you are the one that comes off sad.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    I would be intersted to know if in 2001 people were saying about Richard what is now being said about Mikko. To my mind Richard was in a much weaker position than Mikko is now because he had only won NZ (he didn't win anything else that year) and Mikko has won two events. People still seem to admire Richard (at least, I still do) and I think in time people will look on Mikko the same way. If Mikko wins the title this year it will be just as valid as Richards as they both prioritized consistent result over speed.
    There was some criticism of Burns then yes..that it was more that Colin lost his title than Richard winning it.
    On the other hand...Burns was up there challenging and being fast on many occations and won many stages. Mikko has been saved by others misfortune...of the factory drivers he has been the weakest in terms of speed and challenging for wins concistently.

I have nothing against Mikko...but his performance is not best in world of rallying this season.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olschl
    I just don't know what to make of these kinds of posts! On one hand they are so hypocritical as to be comical but on the other they are so negative they suck the very spirit out of this forum. Being fairly new to the WRC, I was craving as much information and history on the series I could get my eyeballs on and soon found this forum to have the most technical and well-informed members of any rally forum I visited. Unfortunately it didn't take long to discover it was also cursed with a cancer, someone so negative and condescending as to prevent the average enthusiast from becoming more involved. Unfortunate as the WRC could use all the new fans it can get and I assure you, from a newcomers point of view, you aren't doing it any favors. Take a couple of hours one night and browse through a random sampling of your 14,500+ posts and let me know how many you feel were enlightening, relevant, accurate or relayed in an adult fashion. Maybe it's a "European thing" that as an American I just don't understand but as a Mikko supporter, I assure you that you are the one that comes off sad.

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    And Petter took time penalty in Corsica to let Burns score that extra point in drivers championship.

Liked 1,256 Times in 682 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    And Petter took time penalty in Corsica to let Burns score that extra point in drivers championship.
    Which does happen - however 4 events in a row is taking the michael.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    I dont understand why you guys just put N.O.T. on your ignore list. Then just nobody has to look at his crap bull s**t talking on this forum. Do like I did weeks ago - put NOT on your ignore list!!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    I dont understand why you guys just put N.O.T. on your ignore list. Then just nobody has to look at his crap bull s**t talking on this forum. Do like I did weeks ago - put NOT on your ignore list!!
    I would do just that, but...I find some of the posts very funny
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    How do you do that please???
    Is on a Mini adventure :)