Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well, first off it isn't MY truck, the company owns it, so if I didn't drive it, some other poor schmuck will, but I do see your point, and I am proud to be part of the problem!!!!

Seriously though, trucking likely puts out a whack of CO2, but products are shipped in the cheapest way possible, and that is trucking. On a continent as big as North America, as spread out, small amounts of product have to be moved around efficiently, and despite all the rhetoric by the railroad fans out there, trucking is what does it.

By the way Luv, I always see the humour. I know I can be a windbag on here at times.....unlike some people though, I can poke fun at that.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Windbag or no, I think you've been mostly right all along. News headlines yesterady reported how two Professors of climatology are now worried that the whole scientific community is going to be totally discredited if their overstating of global catastrophe, based on man made CO2, turns out to be a load of hogwash.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    Windbag or no, I think you've been mostly right all along. News headlines yesterady reported how two Professors of climatology are now worried that the whole scientific community is going to be totally discredited if their overstating of global catastrophe, based on man made CO2, turns out to be a load of hogwash.
    Channel 4 proved it to be a load of hogwash

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, Channel 4 took the views that fitted that theory and ignored the ones that didn't - different thing. Just like saying "motorsport is fun" but not mentioning the people killed during races at all.

Frankly, does it matter just how responsible we are for the problem? It's here, deal with it. Adding carbon, as we know 100% we certainly do, is speeding it up to some extent. How much is the debate, not if we do or not.

Either way, if we add less we are only helping the situation.
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    Either way, if we add less we are only helping the situation.
    Indeed, but at what cost? That's the big thing. Because of the media pressure, many governments are on their way to go into great spending because of this, and even into hurting the economy. The same amount of money could be used way more efficiently to address the concrete consequences of GW (whatever they are, but you would be addressing real things) rather than the possible cause.
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd like to see figures about how the economy would be hurt before answering.

If it's unemployment, I'm not buying that excuse either.
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused: