• Void

0 0%
  • Void

0 0%
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acorn
    t......
    doesn't sky have the capability to block/allow transmisions to specific (card registered) areas?
    Yes for the cards it sells - but what about the illeagal "unofficial" ones it doesn't sell - now I am sure there aren't any of them around - especially in the fringe reception areas are there - now who on earth would do such a nasty thing to deprive those lovely Sky people of a few quid?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NASN / NASCAR 2007 Season...

Having just watched the Cup race from Atlanta i was very surprised to see many empty seats in the various grandstands.Whats going on here then?
    Great that we now have Cup,Busch & Nascar now on Nasn.Well done guys.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Stock Nut
    The distribution on the cable platforms is much more controlled than on the Sky bird. You can only get the cable channels if you have a cable connection whereas the only thing stopping you from getting any of the Sky feeds across most of Europe
    Not quite true and this is where you spot Setanta's lies. Setanta Ireland is supposedly only on Sky and not Cable due to the fact that the transmission of Premiership football can be blocked out by sky but not by cable. This is achieved by post coding. So this is where Setanta Lie, they say that NASCAR can only be on Setanta Ireland to stop viewers in europe watching it. The question i asks is if you can block premiership football by post code then you can black NASCAR on NASN by post code too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acorn

doesn't sky have the capability to block/allow transmisions to specific (card registered) areas?
    Yes, its done on your post code. Setanta Ireland doesnt show premiership football live in England

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Stock Nut
    Yes for the cards it sells - but what about the illeagal "unofficial" ones it doesn't sell - now I am sure there aren't any of them around - especially in the fringe reception areas are there - now who on earth would do such a nasty thing to deprive those lovely Sky people of a few quid?
    Its actually nothing to do with sky, you can get the Setanta sports package on Satelite without having Sky. I'm thinking of getting a second hand dish with a card and just getting Setanta on the dish and canceling my Setanta on cable. Its the same price for the same channels + setanta ireland. The only trouble is if NASN splits from Setanta with the ESPN purchase going on you might get landed with a 12 month contract on Setanta that you no longer want and cant get out off.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbr
    Having just watched the Cup race from Atlanta i was very surprised to see many empty seats in the various grandstands.Whats going on here then?
    Great that we now have Cup,Busch & Nascar now on Nasn.Well done guys.
    Not the most exciting of races I have watched though
    Get off your seat, and on your feet
    It\'s time to go green flag Racin\'
    Boogity Boogity Boogity :hot:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Demon
    Not the most exciting of races I have watched though
    Depends what it is about a race that excites you. I like Atlanta from the perspective you need to conserve tyres and therefore some cars are stronger at the end of a run than others

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In keeping with the new rules i thought i'd post my Bristol pics here (as well as the NASCAR forum)

Bristol Busch Race
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/558397037PLpzzv

Bristol Cup Race/Pre-show
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/558402361mPsqbC

NASCAR was amazing, Bristol is...........unbelievable! SCSA has the potential to be that good, lets make it happen.

Regards

Richard.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great pics Richard conveys the atomosphere well! can we have some of their spectators, was that with a press pass?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigley
    Great pics Richard conveys the atomosphere well! can we have some of their spectators, was that with a press pass?
    The atmosphere was unreal. To put it into perspective, just 10% of the crowd there would be a great start for SCSA (16,000).

I didn't have press pass. This was a simple holiday package (http://www.sportstravel.com). The NASCAR on Speed pictures was from NASCAR Raceday which was filmed and aired live from just outside the circuit literally in the car park. It was free to watch, you just had to get there early to be at the front.

Regards

Richard