Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I feel we often do current drivers down and only come to properly consider their talents after a passage of time, but he's now got two wins and a total of five top three finishes. I'm not his biggest fan, as there is something about him which grates, but you don't have that sort of record through dumb luck.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Interesting...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99
    Apparently Panther Racing are protesting the result as Wheldon passed Hildebrand under yellow.
    I doubt the protest will be successfull, though, as it was of course Hildebrand who brought out the yellow in the first place.
    This is one of those things that, regardless of what the fine print says, Hildebrand lost the race and it feels like sour grapes to protest.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I can't see how a protest can possibly succeed. Every driver going round a crash "in progress" is guilty of the same thing. Would make the result go from amazing to just downright rotten.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    I think the Princess will tool around the track unmolested at about 2 mph slower than the leaders, stay out of trouble, and with a few crashes/failures eliminating some faster cars, and maybe even a lucky alternate fuel pit strategy, finish in the top 10. She will never be a factor for the lead on speed, only attrition or temporary fuel mileage will move her up.
    I TOTALLY CALLED IT !!!

A lot of downforce makes a stable - but slow - car, see how Baquette passed her like she was standing still. Danca - good "driver" not "racer".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wheldon was past Hildebrand before the yellow light came on anyway.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    I TOTALLY CALLED IT !!!

A lot of downforce makes a stable - but slow - car, see how Baquette passed her like she was standing still. Danca - good "driver" not "racer".
    I'll get it out of the way shall I?

"I'm proud of her, she ran a great race!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
    Whoa, Dan Wheldon the best ever?

That's a stretch there Bryan Herta....
    Two Wins, two seconds... gotta be near the top ""33 Greatest Drivers at INDY"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You could argue that being a good 'driver' and not a 'racer' is why Ms. Patrick does so well at Indy - it's as much about getting your car to the end at the front as it is about being racy and passing people. The contrast between Kanaan and Patrick is a good example of this today - different approaches, both made big advances on their starting places.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Being a good driver should see that tactic pay off at more tracks than just Indy and Motegi though. My pet theory is they just happen to punish her style less, hence she appears to run better at them than elsewhere. That tactic didn't pay off at Barber, as she finished nowhere, despite avoid all the incidents.