Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The race hasn't started on the warmup laps .... Why would a qualifying run?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    The race hasn't started on the warmup laps .... Why would a qualifying run?
    Don't know, not my rules, but that's the way it's been done at the speedway for at least the last 40 years.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fair enough....
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    I'm not an expert on car/fuel terminology. What do you mean by "check the fuel pickups"? Keep in mind that the problem happened with both cars, just a bit later on Dixon so he got the hiccup late on the last lap. Do you mean that Ganassi had some fuel pickup that was meant to burn the fuel quicker - ie more speed - and thus they went through their ideal load quicker than expected? I guess what I'm asking is, did they screw themselves by cheating a little and then not covering it up with extra fuel in the tank?

The pickups I was referring to are the tubes in the fuel cell that get the fuel from the bottom of the fuel cell to the fuel lines that go to the fuel pump. In a race car, the placement of these is critical to getting all the fuel out of the tank. If they are slightly out of position, not all the fuel in the cell will be usable. Every once in a while you see someone having that problem in a race, and they wind up having to pit earlier than the rest of the field.

I would imagine that they would be in a different place for oval tracks than they are for road courses.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    Don't know, not my rules, but that's the way it's been done at the speedway for at least the last 40 years.
    Yup that's the way I remember it since I was a kid all those years ago. On Wide World of Sports, if you got on the track before the gun was fired at 6:00, you got to finish your run. Can't believe people are only having a problem with it now. Where ya been????

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just got back from the track, and I must say this was the best I've seen in a while. The rain was sucky, but it gave everything a gravity it wouldn't have normally had.

I don't like Paul Tracy, but he really showed how it was done on his laps. Sorry to see Matos miss it - it drives me crazy sometimes to see these point slots taken up by part-timers. But, it's in the rules, so be it.

Andretti's team is splintering, but that last 10 minutes was ultra-exciting. And, I am much happier to see Marco in the grid than Hunter-Rhey. I hate that guy. I think Marco needs to get away from his dad - I can't imagine the stress of being Michael's son...

And Conway! Poor Mike Conway! It was clear on his laps that just didn't have the juice.

Has Dario made any comments since yesterday's screw-up?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Poor Fan.

If you are a racing fan, why do you hate so many drivers ? It`s OK not to like some drivers but keep it to yourself.
    roadking

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hondacom
    If you are a racing fan, why do you hate so many drivers ? It`s OK not to like some drivers but keep it to yourself.
    Why? I'm not allowed to say I don't like 2 of the 33+ drivers?

Weird. Well, I'm new here, so...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ^^I think it is ok. What about them do you dislike so much. I strongly, strongly dislike Power and Castroneves. I have met them more than once and each time they are a big headed and a complete jerk. And I will not be shy when it comes to my distaste for them.

I was unable to follow the end of quals and had my mom following it for me. She got confused and rightly so the website and timing and scoring was very confusing, but she thought Graham did not make it. He and Briscoe are my faves AND I am finally going to see the race and I was going to be crushed if I could not see them race in it. Anyways, I totally started crying when I thought Graham was not in it, but they both made it, yay!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dario said that it was a mistake that someone made with the fuel, rather than a miscalculation. For the pole run they put in enough fuel to make it to the end with the knowledge that some fuel was left in the car from the previous run, so they put in less fuel than would normally be needed for a complete run. Unfortunately the car was drained of fuel during the rain delay, hence both Dario and Dixon's car were short on fuel.