Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so her car failed tech, hmmm. You don't think her team tried to do the ohio state two step and try too get her through breaking rules do you?

david

P.S. the new motto in columbus," if you ain't lyin, you ain't tryin"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    37 minutes

Tick tock
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was a guest of Andretti Green one day-after Pole Day not long ago. They were courting my company a bit, so they wanted their drivers to be nice to me. The Andretti family was having a gathering so Marco wasn't around, but the other three drivers were there. Dario was first--he spent 20 minutes being about a charming as a person could be--I felt like I was made of wood standing next to him as he listened, spoke, laughed, joked, and gave us insights on the car, the track, and the wonder of being a 200+ mph race car driver. We then went into the garage to look at the cars, and in comes Tony Kanan--as big a smile as you'll ever see on anyone not named Robinson Cano. He strode over and offered his hand, and chatted for 5-6 minutes, animated and friendly, then excused himself because his very pregnant wife was waiting for him outside. 5 minutes later, the door to the garage opens and in come two young women--Danica and her sister. They walked over to us very purposefully, and although the garage was quite dark their sunglasses were firmly in place over their eyes. Danica, in the lead, walked over to me ahead of her sister, and when she got to me she stuck out her hand, introduced herself as Danica Patrick, shook hands firmly, then turned without saying anything else and with her sister walked out. I could imagine that someone on the team had told here "There's a potential sponsor in the garage, go in and say hello", and sure enough she did. The contrast to her teammates could not have shrieked louder.

Good thing she's got enough out of touch fans who continue to drink the Kool-Aid...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It looks like PT's made it, unlike last year. As long as that holds, I'll be happy. PT, Simona, and Ana are among those I'll be watching closely.

As an aside, I hate to get personal on boards -- I've done enough of that crap in the past, but I have to agree with much of what's said about DF. However, I do appreciate his threads about the upcoming races, posting the track information, previous winners, etc. That's pretty useful in my book. Singing the praises of Danica of Arc though....

I'm an hour or so southeast of Indy, and in my area, the clouds are gathering. It looks like the storms the track had earlier today are going to cover us here.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    So whose made the race then? Is Danica in? I can't seem to find a live grid anywhere and the live streaming doesn't work properly for me. How long left of bump day?
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree, the lack of a live grid sucks. Right now Danica is definitely in it, and Marco is on the bubble. Saavedra and Matos are going to try and knock Marco out. Also Lloyd and Jakes, but I doubt they'll have anything for Marco.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Guys, how about this?

http://indycar.com/multimedia/conten...e_sidebar=true

EDIT: Oops. I see it's not really working. Sorry.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Marco is on track .... But the gun went off before he took the green

Does that count?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Marco is on track .... But the gun went off before he took the green

Does that count?
    I was wondering the same thing, guess they're gonna count it tho.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Good job from Lloyd! As for Marco and RHR, not sure how AA contrived to even be in that sort of mess, but being bumped by your team mate must hurt...

ETA - Rejoice! Danica is in.
    No longer active on this forum