Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alex MacDowall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RMLCruzeing82
    wasnt that the crazy lung on James Kaye's Honda Civic at Thuxton that got him the final points and the ban?
    Yes it was. I think he had points hanging over him from 2001 which then carried into 2002. If I remember rightly he had a go at Kaye for being "a dinosaur" who couldn't handle being beaten by a younger driver. He really was a wasted talent. I remember being at Mondello Park in 2002 when he came from the back of the grid to win the sprint race in his class after the Alfa had engine problems in qualifying.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    I have no doubts that had Pyper been given the right opportunities he would have been one of the top drivers now.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    didn't Yvan Muller have to sit out the Donington meeting one year?
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    No just the qualifying session at Donington in 2003 for a specific incident with Anthony Reid in parc ferme after race 2 at Brands the week before.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Yes it was. I think he had points hanging over him from 2001 which then carried into 2002. If I remember rightly he had a go at Kaye for being "a dinosaur" who couldn't handle being beaten by a younger driver. He really was a wasted talent.
    One of two particular examples in the BTCC, in my opinion, the other being Gareth Howell. I must say, seeing one or two of the drivers in quick cars in this year's championship and then thinking that people of the calibre of Pyper and Howell have ended up without drives for season after season rankles somewhat, but I suppose motor racing has always been like that.