Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The tyres

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

The tyres

Don't know if it is just me but can anyone else actually see when cars are using the soft tyres? You can't see the little spots when the car is moving, and in the pit stops the wheel changer dudes usually stand in the way, and the commentators seem equally clueless.

Why not just paint the entire sidewall white and then it's going to be obvious!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Agreed. I thought that was the plan, to paint the entire sidewall. I guess not.

As an alternative, teams should be obliged to inform the broadcaster who could put a symbol on the graphics. They managed red Bs and blue Ms when there was a tyre war, so it can't be difficult.

It didn't matter too much in Oz, but there'll doubtless be some races this year where there's a big difference between the two compounds.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What is the deal with the hard/soft tyres again? I must have missed them explaining this in the pre-race bit. Am I right in saying they have to use both types through out a race?
    Everyone Loves a Slinky. :)

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    This problem was discussed a lot juring Tv sending by ital commentators and guests in a studio ( Alesi, Capelli, engeneer Piola among them ) all agreed that they should change color, Its too confusing right now.
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    What is the whole point of having to run on two different compounds? Did anyone notice any significant differencies between these two compounds?
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    As an alternative, teams should be obliged to inform the broadcaster who could put a symbol on the graphics. They managed red Bs and blue Ms when there was a tyre war, so it can't be difficult.
    I guess teams would say that this would reveal their strategy, maybe it would be a little difficult to do it at the last minute.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    What is the whole point of having to run on two different compounds? Did anyone notice any significant differencies between these two compounds?

I was wondering how much difference it made to Massa having to go half the race whilst using the soft compound.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I just can't imagine F1 cars with white-walled tyres!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McC
    I was wondering how much difference it made to Massa having to go half the race whilst using the soft compound.
    He definitely did a great job by driving half distance with a heavy fuel load on soft tyres, IMO. I think he couldn't be very aggressive, as we saw he had a hard time passing Rubens (who was also on the Soft compound at the beginning - but not as heavy).

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkster
    What is the deal with the hard/soft tyres again? I must have missed them explaining this in the pre-race bit. Am I right in saying they have to use both types through out a race?
    Spot on. Even it's just for one lap, they have to use both types of tyres. It didn't make much difference this time, but could be more significant at other tracks.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u