Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chris James is particularly slow isn't he...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    They wernt the most exciting BTCC races I have ever seen but I still had a brilliant day at Thruxton

I ended up watching the first Ginetta G50 and BTCC race from turn 1 before moving onto the complex which saw some decent racing, and pretty good driving standards for a change! Even the Formula Renault race with only a few cars was good with some brave passes on the brakes and the Porsches had their moments too!

Do the 911's in this country run a different exhaust system to that at F1 events as I thought they cars were now identical and the cars I saw at Spa last year were so much louder and better sounding!
    I think the Porsches are new this year, which may explain why they sound different

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Yea I thought they were basically what was run at the F1 last year. note to organisers, make the cars some where near as loud as the tourers please they are too quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    Chris James is particularly slow isn't he...
    Yea just a bit, and the car he is in is hardly bad either! Did anyone see how he broke his splitter in race 1, im guessing he ran wide at the chicane and mullered the kerbs!?

On a positive note though I got to say how well I thought Rob Collard drove the BMW at the weekend, it really didnt look like he could get any extra speed out of it from what I saw

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    On a positive note though I got to say how well I thought Rob Collard drove the BMW at the weekend, it really didnt look like he could get any extra speed out of it from what I saw
    He is absolutely driving the wheels off it for very little reward, and indeed deserves credit for that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    He is absolutely driving the wheels off it for very little reward, and indeed deserves credit for that.
    Ive got quite a bit of respect for him this year so far, i was laughing at Donny watching him drift through the corners and chucking up the dust everywhere. He really is driving that beemer at a 100%.