Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    The new Focus has a tippy gearbox with dual clutch pre selection. If I could afford it, I'd get one of these for my next car.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi
    Also put it in R and not D to reverse...
    My tippy is quiet enough to make the engine revs hard to determine by ear. The car needs a dash mounted rev counter, or a head up rev display to use the car efficiently in tip mode so I just leave it in auto.
    The future is cvt and dual clutch. There will still be Tremecs for the enthusiasts for a while yet.
    True, I hadn't though of going backwards!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    The new Focus has a tippy gearbox with dual clutch pre selection. If I could afford it, I'd get one of these for my next car.
    That's not a tiptronic Tiptronics are automatic boxes where the driver has some control over which gear the car goes into, but can also put it in automatic.

New Focus is bloody ugly.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Fine whatever it's a semi auto.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeslider
    Jaguar don't make a car with a manual box anymore.....
    I had to look long and hard to find a Range Rover that was manual then fell lucky with a manual Jag by chance. People keep telling me they rarely see manual Jaguars, even at the cheapo end of the range like mine.

We had an auto. It towed very badly (the horse was rocked about and even started to refuse to go in the trailer after a few trips) and changed gear in the wrong places, or repeatedly up and down, with weight. We dumped it for a smaller manual pretty quick!
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

manuals

i have 4 cars ,3 manual and an Automatic with Tiptronic.
    i tow a large caravan with the Automatic (currently in Spain),I find it more economical if I use Tiptronic ,AND i dont use Cruise Control,and get far more MPG,as I decide when to change gear.Having said that I pop it into Auto in large towns,like Poitiers,Tours etc,for ease.
    For myself i am getting lazy,with age,so the Auto saves work,but I still prefer the Manual for driver Satisfaction.