Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

new season= same dumb luck

I guess if ones going to lose the pole a teammate is good as anyone to help that happen for you. Poor Jounior
    This is the beguining of the next fifty years. heres where i see how much i learned.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Because he's the pole sitter he'll go to the back twice, once in the duel and then on Sunday. Truex and the like will go to the back for the duel but then be able to improve their position by running well in the duel. Even if Dale Jr wins the duel, h'll have to start in the back again. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by swoop
    I guess if ones going to lose the pole a teammate is good as anyone to help that happen for you. Poor Jounior
    He hasn't lost it to a teammate. Jeff Gordon is locked in at P2 and will start there unless he tears up his car today or in happy hour on Saturday.

He has lost the pole to whomever wins Duel 1 (or finishes p2 if Junebug just happens to be the winner of that duel race). When they do intros and roll off pit road on Sunday Jr will be in his spot on the pole. When they give the one to go signal he drops to the back, and that whole column slides up, so P3 assumes the pole-and that would always be the winner (or p2 driver if the pole sitter wins) of the first Duel.

Jimmie Johnson is in Duel 1 so you still have a chance at being right
    though my $$$$ is on that other marquis car in this race, the 29
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Alexamateo
    Because he's the pole sitter he'll go to the back twice, once in the duel and then on Sunday. Truex and the like will go to the back for the duel but then be able to improve their position by running well in the duel. Even if Dale Jr wins the duel, h'll have to start in the back again. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
    I'm not sure why, but I believe you are correct. My understanding is because the pole and outside pole sitters are locked into their starting positions for the 500 already they have to go to the back of BOTH races if the go to a back up car (or make more than the 1 approved post duel engine/transmission change) but everyone else is using the Duels to set their position for the 500 so the 13,48,56 (am I missing anyone?) will be able to start the 500 in whatever position their Duel finish dictates.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you guys are correct. It's a bummer for Jr.

Quotes from Jr. on the wreck:

http://www.fanviewpoint.com/2011/02/...t-daytona.html

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jeff and Jr are the only cars that have actually qualified for the 500 therefore they were the only ones who would have to start at the back Sunday if they wrecked yesterday. Everyone else going to the back today because of engine changes and backup cars can keep their starting position for Sunday provided they don't wreck today or lose a motor Tomorrow or Saturday. Now if someone wrecks in the 150's today, they'll start at the back on Sunday and each of them would start behind Jr back there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    does it really matter, really, its Daytona, and a repaved Daytona, Jr could be in the top 10 by lap 10. some people worry way too much over this stuff
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kurt Busch won the 1st Duel, so he'll be the car moving up to the inside front position at the start. From the broadcast it sounds like a lot of cars won't be going on the track for practice tomorrow (to avoid tearing them up).

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It seemed to me that the Hendrick cars all had cooling issues or at least they couldn't stay hooked up as long as the others.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    does it really matter, really, its Daytona, and a repaved Daytona, Jr could be in the top 10 by lap 10. some people worry way too much over this stuff
    Starting from the rear has never been a problem before. This new two-by-two hookup could change that.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt