Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX_THRUST
    Pipa got pole last year at Indy, is she that inexperienced on ovals then?
    She's more experience on road courses, but she was awful on them in FILS. Ovals were her strong point. She still needs another year. In the past, no one seemed to be graduating from FILS to INDYCAR; now we have the opposite problem, everyone is graduating and not all of them should be.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am thinking for the most part, the women are going to Indycar because if they can bring the money, they can get a ride. Unlike NASCAR where in theory you should have some talent (although you know who is defying that theory) to get the big ride, in the IRL, a woman can bring cash and it is an equalizer. That all said, I wont knock the talent of some of the women who are trying to get in.

However, I am going to stand by my theory that on ovals, they could be more competitive than they will be on the road/street courses. Physicality is required to wrestle a 1500 lb Indy car with 650 to 700 hp for two hours..and the results of women in this class tend to be better on the ovals. Which isn't to say I cant be wrong, and a woman wont compete, but I think overall, they will do better on ovals.

Pippa, who grew up on road racing is having more success in Indy lights on the ovals. This isn't an accident....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    One more young lady has joined the group. Shannon McIntosh has hooked up with Wayne Taylor to run the Road to Indy ladder , Will start with F2000 and progress to Star Mazada. I hope we see a large group of women. I feel this can only bring world wide attention to Indycar. Well Mark you could ask Katherine Legg how it felt to beat the boys in Long Beach???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    KL - those were the only three races she ever won. She subsequently has gone 60 races or so without one.

She tied for third in the series with Antoine Bessette, and finished behind the Charles Zwolsman and Tonis Kasemets. It was about the weakest field until the last year of the Series. The Series had a resurgent 2006 with the new car.