Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    I just wish that they'd stop with the "oh and he's spun!!" stuff, pretending like they're watching it live (unless it's the power stage, which is live). When I watch end of day highlights I'm fully aware that everything has already happened and no amount of fake exclamation will make me think otherwise.
    YES!! this annoys me so much

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I disagree, I think it's a bull**** idea. Imagine if you spend 3 days putting in consistent times and plugging your way up the leaderboard. Across 20 stages you've done alright and have managed to get top ten to finish 9th. Then some plum comes along, possibly entering via Superally, wins one tiny little stage that's less than 3 minutes long and takes 3 points from it.

It's bollocks, designed for short attention span window lickers that can't understand what rallying is all about. Just IMO an' all that though.
    I like it because if you travel to a rally and for everyone who is present want to see also on Sunday rally, WRC is not only for TV or those who follows rallyon Internet!!!
    Organisation need mony, money, and wants to sell rally tickets. Drivers must fight continue for points until the finich!!!
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    I like it because if you travel to a rally and for everyone who is present want to see also on Sunday rally, WRC is not only for TV or those who follows rallyon Internet!!!
    Organisation need mony, money, and wants to sell rally tickets. Drivers must fight continue for points until the finich!!!
    If there's anything that Sweden showed it was that Sunday is still an important day without the circus act, which, IMO, completely devalues the rest of the event. If they want sponsors to award some prize money or whatever then that would just about be okay with me, but awarding championship points is a joke.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    So, if there is a tie between two drivers, then their place on general standings will be taken into account. That means Solberg should start fifth :-)
    Will Petter still be getting his 10 points though after his Co-driver drove the power stage?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 103 Times in 45 Posts
    Why not make the power stage a different championship as in Nordic skiing
    where they hav the sprint competition. Every rally would have its own power stage
    and after the season the driver with most point is
    THE POWER STAGE CHAMPION.

And from the power stage you couldn't score points for the
    WRC championship.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I disagree, I think it's a bull**** idea. Imagine if you spend 3 days putting in consistent times and plugging your way up the leaderboard. Across 20 stages you've done alright and have managed to get top ten to finish 9th. Then some plum comes along, possibly entering via Superally, wins one tiny little stage that's less than 3 minutes long and takes 3 points from it.

It's bollocks, designed for short attention span window lickers that can't understand what rallying is all about. Just IMO an' all that though.

I have to agree with you!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mise
    Why not make the power stage a different championship as in Nordic skiing
    where they hav the sprint competition. Every rally would have its own power stage
    and after the season the driver with most point is
    THE POWER STAGE CHAMPION.

And from the power stage you couldn't score points for the
    WRC championship.
    And, after the power stage, the non-hardcore fans might think the winner of the powerstage has won the rally, and they probably couldnt understand why citroen won the only stage that they saw, and yet there are 3 fords on the poduim:-)
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just found this, I know it has nothing to do with the thread, but thought it was quite funny:-)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110215...g-6323e80.html
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up: