Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosberg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He's solid and quick, that's for sure. But I've yet to see him really under pressure. I hope he starts winning soon. It was funny how he was able to get round that corner and Schumacher wasn't...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    I am really impressed by Nico and he is certainly an underappreciated driver. There was a thread recently that Kubica might be a top driver or even "best driver", but based on this season Rosberg doesn't seem any inferior, if we are trying to find a comparison with a direct rival in the WDC standings.

I have to say that Rosberg reminds me a bit of Häkkinen. Despite being his modest self and being a bit off the radar in terms of attention he keeps doing a consistently professional job and beating team-mates. There were doubters about Häkkinen too before him finally starting to challenge for WDC's, so looking forward to see Rosberg reaching those heights one day as well. But it remains to be seen, how well can pure Mercedes GP replicate the rise of McLaren-Mercedes from the mid-90's - after all, they were also 4th in WCC after starting the co-operation in 1995.
    I read somewhere that Mika was Nico's idol so....
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    I am really impressed by Nico and he is certainly an underappreciated driver. There was a thread recently that Kubica might be a top driver or even "best driver", but based on this season Rosberg doesn't seem any inferior, if we are trying to find a comparison with a direct rival in the WDC standings.

I have to say that Rosberg reminds me a bit of Häkkinen. Despite being his modest self and being a bit off the radar in terms of attention he keeps doing a consistently professional job and beating team-mates. There were doubters about Häkkinen too before him finally starting to challenge for WDC's, so looking forward to see Rosberg reaching those heights one day as well. But it remains to be seen, how well can pure Mercedes GP replicate the rise of McLaren-Mercedes from the mid-90's - after all, they were also 4th in WCC after starting the co-operation in 1995.
    I read somewhere that Mika was Nico's idol so.... Anyway I like him a lot (and that's not because he is half-Finnish) but because he is an excellent driver who knows how to behave off the circuit as well.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Come on everyone, Nico stands no chance next season, he will be Schumacher's second driver, relegated to be his rear gunner, in much the same way as all Schumacher's team mates were at Ferrari.

Nico is good, very good, I hope he leaves Mercedes and returns to Williams, at the very least he will get a fair crack of the whip there.

regards scaliwag.
    loloaqici82qb4ip?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scaliwag
    Come on everyone, Nico stands no chance next season, he will be Schumacher's second driver, relegated to be his rear gunner, in much the same way as all Schumacher's team mates were at Ferrari.

Nico is good, very good, I hope he leaves Mercedes and returns to Williams, at the very least he will get a fair crack of the whip there.

regards scaliwag.
    What have you been smoking!? Rosberg beats the living daylights out of Schumacher this season. They end the season with Schumacher equal or perhaps a little bit faster (not tenth but in the 0,01), but that is the last 4 races or so. I'm not sure on the basis of the last races Rosberg wil beat Schumacher in the same manner as the 2010 season. But no doubt about this season, Rosberg is the current top 5 driver, only Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel is above him.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daika
    Rosberg is the current top 5 driver, only Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel is above him.
    LOL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll be very surprised if Nico doesn't get a couple podiums next season. Let's hope Mercedes GP get their act together for developing their 2011 car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper_S
    LOL
    It make sense if i think Kubica and Rosberg are equal. Or at least in my head...

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Yeah, Rosberg has been solid this season. He seems to have matured into a rather useful F1 driver. Hopefully he and The Shoe will have a car that can challenge for wins and the WDC/CC next season. Bring on 2011!
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    he really made the most of a good strategy call to finish fourth, looks like pitting at the start was the way to go unless you were right up there.

i think that rosberg will be a dark horse next year