Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Congratulations James Thompson

For winning the 2010 European Touring Car Cup

Of course it wasn't exactly a difficult thing to do since there were only (at most) 11 cars in the Super 2000 class and only two of those had drivers who could really race with Thompson and one of them, Michel Nykjær crucially missed one round of the championship. Still Thompson finished every race in his Hartmann Racing Honda Accord on the podium.

Well done to James and I hope he will be in a far more competitive championship (BTCC, please!) for 2011.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    congratulations to him, but as you say he really only had one realistic competitor throughout all three meetings (Engstrom). Those two and Nykjaer really are the only stand out drivers in this small series, which I still dont see the point of.

There was some good racing in race two (I missed race one) though those S2000 cars seem to look incredibly slow on european race circuits I've noticed, compared to what seems like greater speeds in BTCC comparatively. better tracks in the UK for sure then.

good luck for Thompson next year, whichever series he is in (BTCC or WTCC Please Thommo If you can!!!!)
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    well done to Jimmy T! Another trophy for this great touring car driver who deserves to be competing in much better competitions than the ETC.

Todays track was a joke, it just looked like an over grown kart track it was so tight, there must be better ones that they can use?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    well done to Jimmy T! Another trophy for this great touring car driver who deserves to be competing in much better competitions than the ETC.

Todays track was a joke, it just looked like an over grown kart track it was so tight, there must be better ones that they can use?!
    were did they race?
    Rickard Rydell 2011 STCC CHAMPION!!! :D

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    The Franciacorta international raceway in Italy, which looks like this..

There also didnt appear to be anyone there watching from what I saw of it!