Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Maybe this clears things up a little (or if not there’s mess).

In the case of MINI the Super Production and WRC versions, the cars are identical. The difference is that the Super Production (SP) use a 32 mm restrictor and the WRC version a 33 mm restrictor + rear wing + front bumper + uprated front brakes.

http://www.motoringfile.com/wp-conte...es-package.pdf (page 3)

Probably the SP is intended for FIA regional championships.

If so, it’s going to be quite easy to switch between regional championship version and WRC version. To swap from SP to WRC, add the rear wing, front bumper and the uprated front brakes, replace the 32 mm restrictor with the 33 mm restrictor and probably the ECU needs also some re-mapping so download the WRC mapping to the ECU.

As far as I know the Super Production includes the current S2000 and N4 (there was a super production for circuit few years ago). The 2011 version of S2000 doesn’t have an own “name”, so it could be called Super 1.6T, S1.6T, S2011 or something else.

The R4 is maybe an upgraded version of N4 to make them more competitive with current S2000. If that were true, then the Super production from 2011 would include the S2000, R4 and S1.6T.

These are just my speculations but the SP with 32 mm restrictor and WRC with 33 mm restrictor is a fact.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF

These are just my speculations but the SP with 32 mm restrictor and WRC with 33 mm restrictor is a fact.
    Are these restrictor sizes published anywhere? What are likely power outputs of the 32mm and the 33mm? Is there a boost pressure limit?
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Quote Originally Posted by bt52b
    Are these restrictor sizes published anywhere? What are likely power outputs of the 32mm and the 33mm? Is there a boost pressure limit?
    I send an e-mail to Prodrive and asked: ”What is the difference between the Super Production version and the WRC version”.

I don’t know what the power would be but I’ve seen speculates between 290-300 hp for the WRC. If the WRC have 300 hp the SP maybe have about 280 hp.

The boost is 2,5 bar.

Liked 11,207 Times in 4,447 Posts
    Aha, that's very interesting.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They say 35mm restrictor for WRC. (Motorsport Aktuell)

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2384/wrcw.jpg

lancisti

Quote Originally Posted by lancisti
    They say 35mm restrictor for WRC. (Motorsport Aktuell)

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2384/wrcw.jpg

lancisti
    Maybe that’s a printing error.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thnx OldF. Very interesting...So, if definitely true, I guess we have WRC cars, SP cars (N4 with "old restrictor" and less power would run in this class too) and 2WD cars (R1, R2 and R3). Three "big groups", and aside GT rally cars and old A8 WRC cars at some national championships. At least some light on this matter...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On Portugal, Prodrive is testing a Super Production Mini and has a 33 mm restrictor.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF

As far as I know the Super Production includes the current S2000 and N4 (there was a super production for circuit few years ago). The 2011 version of S2000 doesn’t have an own “name”, so it could be called Super 1.6T, S1.6T, S2011 or something else.

The R4 is maybe an upgraded version of N4 to make them more competitive with current S2000. If that were true, then the Super production from 2011 would include the S2000, R4 and S1.6T.
    A question on OldF post to our more experienced technician forumers...Would it be expectable that all SP cars (including old s2000, new R4 and new s1.6T) could fight between them with similar possibilities, or have they different levels? Thnx in advance

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morganmilan
    A question on OldF post to our more experienced technician forumers...Would it be expectable that all SP cars (including old s2000, new R4 and new s1.6T) could fight between them with similar possibilities, or have they different levels? Thnx in advance
    In theory I think all Super Production cars should be of similar performance, but some will always have the edge on the others. Hence N4 had some performace breaks this year, so they would be more competitive with 2.0l S2000.

It all mainly depends on the base weights and the restrictor sizes allowed. So when the rules for 2011 appear, maybe everyone might have better idea about what's going on.

I would bet 1.6l turbo will have the edge on the 2.0l cars, whom in turn have the edge on N4's.
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever