Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Until he gets a full-time ride, he will be a backmarker.
    KV has had some pretty fast cars on ovals the past 2 years. Unlike your princess, PT has never and will never be a backmarker anywhere. And lets be real here, your history of predictions is pretty dismal if not hopeless.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    So do you have any stats to backup your assertion that Paul tends to tear up the equipment? You might want to look before you leap.

Gary
    No. But I had the chance to follow him for quite a few seasons in CART/CCWS. He had that reputation already when I started watching and from my superficial perspective, he lived up to it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing PT, I really like him, and I would be very happy if he had a full-time ride. I was just trying to ironically point out that such an agressive and entertaining driver would be a safe bet for a team, whose drivers I don't hold in a particularly high regard.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    KV has had some pretty fast cars on ovals the past 2 years. Unlike your princess, PT has never and will never be a backmarker anywhere. And lets be real here, your history of predictions is pretty dismal if not hopeless.

Far be it from me to defend DanicaFan, but on this I think he has a good point. As long as Paul is running a one race here, one race there knid of season with no consistency with the team and an engineer, he is not going to be a contender. Hell, I bet he would even say that. He wants and needs a full time ride.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    No. But I had the chance to follow him for quite a few seasons in CART/CCWS. He had that reputation already when I started watching and from my superficial perspective, he lived up to it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing PT, I really like him, and I would be very happy if he had a full-time ride. I was just trying to ironically point out that such an agressive and entertaining driver would be a safe bet for a team, whose drivers I don't hold in a particularly high regard.
    Paul had a reputation as an agressive driver, but not one who tore up as much equipment as the guys at KVT right now. And I totally agree with your statements above.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Until he gets a full-time ride, he will be a backmarker.
    I dunno DF, when Danica wins more than one race and actually passes someone for the lead, rather than inheriting it, I will take your judgement on racing talent seriously.

Paul Tracy has a championship and a lot of wins under his belt. At 40, given the equipment Danica has, he still would win races.

I know this much, he wouldn't be blaming the engineers....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Far be it from me to defend DanicaFan, but on this I think he has a good point. As long as Paul is running a one race here, one race there knid of season with no consistency with the team and an engineer, he is not going to be a contender. Hell, I bet he would even say that. He wants and needs a full time ride.

Gary
    First off, you and I both know that Fan hasn't demonstrated he knows a single fact about racing in around 3 years of being here.

Secondly, I'm not suggesting he's taking KV (presumably) to the next level either. He, or anybody else, isn't jumping into a KV car and immediately competing with the 5 fast cars. Frankly, it has very little to do with the driver on the tracks in discussion here as we all know and recognize. It would seem from the past 2 seasons that KV is as competitive in class 2 as anybody...only that their drivers make constant mistakes (which is different than not being fast). There really isn't anything for PT to get up to speed with here. On these particular ovals, it is pretty much get in and drive...save for some minor adjustments. All that being said, you and I both know without any doubt, he isn't bringing up the rear either. He's mid-pack at worst in a KV car right out of the chute.

Wouldn't you agree with that?

And yes...with a full-time gig I do think he does take a KV type team to a level above with his feedback and experience alone.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First off, you and I both know that Fan hasn't demonstrated he knows a single fact about racing in around 3 years of being here.
    He does know some facts, just not about drivers. ...big ol' grin...

Secondly, I'm not suggesting he's taking KV (presumably) to the next level either. He, or anybody else, isn't jumping into a KV car and immediately competing with the 5 fast cars. Frankly, it has very little to do with the driver on the tracks in discussion here as we all know and recognize. It would seem from the past 2 seasons that KV is as competitive in class 2 as anybody...only that their drivers make constant mistakes (which is different than not being fast). There really isn't anything for PT to get up to speed with here. On these particular ovals, it is pretty much get in and drive...save for some minor adjustments. All that being said, you and I both know without any doubt, he isn't bringing up the rear either. He's mid-pack at worst in a KV car right out of the chute.

Wouldn't you agree with that?

And yes...with a full-time gig I do think he does take a KV type team to a level above with his feedback and experience alone.
    Yes I would agree with that, and you're right DanicaFan did say backmarker. Midpacker is a better assessment until Paul gets a chance to shape things his way, i.e. a full time ride. The only thing I disagree with is this quote: "Frankly, it has very little to do with the driver on the tracks in discussion". I know where you are headed, that these tracks are all about setups. And that part I do agree with. However, I think without a good driver who knows how to communicate nuance to the engineer, there is no way to get a good setup. So the driver is still a big part of the equation. Just in a different way.

Gary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speeddurango
    He's the man infusing the raw driving excitment into motorsport, that's what this sport needs, badly, when everyone is driving like sheeps.
    Bravo Speed and they are also acting like sheep. American sheep. Watch F1 when it come back in two weeks and watch their balls out racing we are still lacking that but from a few and Paul Tracy is one who never gave up - never.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    PT's tweet

Had a good day today , went in to contract on a deal for 2 races , good day
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BT46B
    Bravo Speed and they are also acting like sheep. American sheep. Watch F1 when it come back in two weeks and watch their balls out racing we are still lacking that but from a few and Paul Tracy is one who never gave up - never.
    You must watch a completely different F1 than I do...Well there have been some brains out moves for sure...balls out does mean governed speed though
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."