Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Here is your starting grid..

Row 14

#18 Milka Duno - No Time / No Speed

...No speed .....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A few things - no one put on reds in the first practice session. A fair number of drivers (which did include Rahal and Hildebrand) put on new blacks at the end of the first [ractice session.

This seemed to be another example of the qualifying split having a big effect on the starting grid. Even if you correct for the difference of .3 between the fastest in the first session and the fastest in the second, the second group had more of the faster guys, therefore punishing the drivers that got put in that group. IRL officials should do some kind of evening of the groups after the blind draw for fairness.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic
    If any of you guys are actually attending I recommend eating at Buck's down the street from the track.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    We just did that. I had a good bison burger there.

The "new" Buck's just isn't the same as the old place which burned. The current one bought the name and built a new place. But it just didn't capture the atmosphere of the original.

Its a nice place, don't get me wrong. But the old one held so much history literally and figuratively.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage
    A few things - no one put on reds in the first practice session. A fair number of drivers (which did include Rahal and Hildebrand) put on new blacks at the end of the first [ractice session.

This seemed to be another example of the qualifying split having a big effect on the starting grid. Even if you correct for the difference of .3 between the fastest in the first session and the fastest in the second, the second group had more of the faster guys, therefore punishing the drivers that got put in that group. IRL officials should do some kind of evening of the groups after the blind draw for fairness.
    I think the whole point of drawing qualifying groups is that the grid gets mixed up a bit. If you put faster cars behind slower ones on the grid, theoretically, it results in more passing in the races.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like Moron Moraes mowed down at least one of his crewmen today coming into the pits during morning warmup.

Speaking of drivers who need to be put on probation... This guy is a complete menace. And not very talented either.

Been impressed with Baguette, Carroll, Hildebrand and Lloyd this weekend. All have shown very good speed.

The bottom 3 on the charts today (Howard, Dracone and Duno) need to find a lower formula series (I'd choose F2000) to run in. All 3 look dreadfully bad.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just curious, but has "The Face" of Indycar cracked 22nd in a single session all weekend?
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    I'd say it was Briscoe's mistake, ymmv:

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1DapBAI78Hc&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1DapBAI78Hc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    Briscoe wasn't paying attention. How do you not see the car BESIDE you...RIGHT BESIDE YOU!!!!
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    Sounds like Moron Moraes mowed down at least one of his crewmen today coming into the pits during morning warmup.

Speaking of drivers who need to be put on probation... This guy is a complete menace. And not very talented either.

Been impressed with Baguette, Carroll, Hildebrand and Lloyd this weekend. All have shown very good speed.

The bottom 3 on the charts today (Howard, Dracone and Duno) need to find a lower formula series (I'd choose F2000) to run in. All 3 look dreadfully bad.
    Sounds like he hit 3!! of them!!. To hit 3 crew members duing a pit stop practice is almost impossible. He is an idiot and has no biz operating in this league because he lacks judgement, not because he isn't talented. In his case, he is capable of being fast, just not with any consideration for safety or ability to finish. I do like the term though "Moron Moraes". Fitting. Put Paul Tracy in that CAR!!
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    kvracing http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/
    3 members of 32 crew were injured during pit incident during warm-up.X rays negative. All 3 were checked &released from infield care center about 1 hour ago via web

curtcavin http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/
    Mario Moraes struck his fueler, Mike Briggs, during the morning warmup. Everybody's fine according to KVRT officials. #indycar

curtcavin http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/
    The other two KVRT crew members bounced around by Moraes were left front tire changer Chris Bennett (knee) and air jack Anna Chatten (foot)

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Just curious, but has "The Face" of Indycar cracked 22nd in a single session all weekend?
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/373782.../?beginSlide=1
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!