Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    8 or 10 years ago I took a buddy to laguna seca for the CART race........it was the year max papis won..... he ran back of the pack all day... was seconds off the leaders pace.....but becuase of yellows and pit strategiy he found himself up front towards the 3/4 mark of the race or so......

I explained to my buddy that he would need to pit again and the leaders (racers! faster cars) would cycle back to the front...... then with like 10 togo instead of haveing to pit they declare a timed race .....instead of ptting Max nurses the car home for a pathetic win.... then as we all filed out of the track past victory circle he acted like it was the greatest win of all time.....fans were disgusted...

my friend simply wont go back to another OW race..... why bother he says...

so if you your a diehard and drug along a friend or two to the track yesterday.......is there any reason you would honestly expect them to return next year? or tune in next week?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34

For touching an official he should be sat out for at least one race (maybe the rest of the year), and fined till the end of time. There is no room for that sort of crap, no matter how bad a call that was.
    did he touch an official? or a security guard?

and it was hardly in physcial im gonna kick your ass manner..... it was in a pleading manner...

fines and supension?.... you have got to be kidding me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    did he touch an official? or a security guard?

and it was hardly in physcial im gonna kick your ass manner..... it was in a pleading manner...

fines and supension?.... you have got to be kidding me
    Helio did put his hand on an official's chest but he didnt swing or push, he just layed it there. He did grab Charles Burns, who I work for when I work at Indy and Charles is the head guy for the IRL Security, by the collar but it was a pleading manner. It was like why, how can they do this? How can you let them type of grab. You can clearly see Charles smiling. He knows it wasnt threatening and he knows Helio. He was letting him vent.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Helio did put his hand on an official's chest but he didnt swing or push, he just layed it there. He did grab Charles Burns, who I work for when I work at Indy and Charles is the head guy for the IRL Security, by the collar but it was a pleading manner. It was like why, how can they do this? How can you let them type of grab. You can clearly see Charles smiling. He knows it wasnt threatening and he knows Helio. He was letting him vent.
    exactly....

fines and suspensions?....thats a joke

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Helio underreacted IMO...

seriously folks just dont know what Edmonton means!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Flat out stupid brain-dead call. There wasn't anything wrong with Helio's move, and if you compare it to years of historical racing video, it was a very ordinary (and exciting & good, especially by Dixon) bit of racing. If you compare it with CART racing at Cleveland, you have to wonder if everybody still thinks its a pace lap.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If the average fan doesn't get it - then eventually there won't be any average fans. When the rules become very technical and don't seem to equate with common sense observation in the minds of many fans, interest will be diminished. (Oh no! Did I say "common sense?") This would especially seem to apply to unique airport tracks like Edmonton and Cleveland.

I'd be interested to know how many penalties were ever called on turn 1 starts or restarts at Cleveland.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Helio did put his hand on an official's chest but he didnt swing or push, he just layed it there.

He had his hands all over Charles.

And he was all over Kevin Blanch too.

Helio was putting on a show, but you can't touch officials like that. He deserves a big fine. I don't care who he is and how seriously Charles took it. You don't touch officials. EVER.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    He had his hands all over Charles.

And he was all over Kevin Blanch too.

Helio was putting on a show, but you can't touch officials like that. He deserves a big fine. I don't care who he is and how seriously Charles took it. You don't touch officials. EVER.
    AJ would be slapping the living daylights out of them if it was his driver. Ha!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've seen the replay about 10 times now. This whole thing is joke and I'm done w. Indycar. Not.another.dime.from.me.

To the posters that say "Helio was OBVIOUSLY blocking". I say get some glasses. IF he was blocking and I think he was not, he has holding a direct line towards the turn, it certainly was not "obvious" and the on camera commentators confirm that.

Defending your position is a tradition of racing and this just makes ICS a joke where central control trumps the drivers. I would expect this in WWE or Nascar and they're jokes too, so jokes don't get my money or attention anymore. The fact that there are posters defending this travesty and noting Helio should be 'suspended' makes me wonder about the remaining common sense in America.