Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    And that's the problem, there's no evidence that the FIA can produce that would stand up in court, for example. It's a joke, they have to punish Ferrari or scrap the rule, as that's as blatant as it's ever going to get.
    exactly, and I'd hate to see option 2 take place.....
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    I completely agree, Massa was at least the moral victor today.

as Eddie Jordan said, this was 'theft'

but here is the situation: though it was clear to everybody who was watching what was meant by 'fernando. is. faster. than. you. can you confirm you understand this' taken literally, the words used in that sentence mean communication of information, rather than an order. In this instance, it's actually a tough situation for the FIA, even if it's obvious to you and me.
    you mean like where MS at Monaco Qing a few years ago, could not remeber whether that corner was a left or right hander and stopped to try to figure it out...seems they had no problem with that one....

This so clear even a blind man can see it....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Massa is trouncing Alonso, about 6 tenths of a second or so per lap.
    What I've seen is that Alonso has recovered that split in just 5 or 6 laps, demonstrating that he was faster than Massa.

Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    When he said "this is ridiculous" I thought FA was referring to Massa, but maybe the irony is that he was talking about himself?????
    Ridiculous is when you have overtaken your teammate, and you're fighting for both Constructor and Driver's Championship, and then your teammate is extending his breaking zone in order to not let you pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Team order at Ferrari.
    Very funny how Smedley did transmit it.
    Yeah, is more fun when you hear "you'd better try to save fuel" or "you don't have to save fuel anymore" if your teammate is faster and right behind you

Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    I was cheering for Massa to win today, and I'm certainly not a Ferrari fan. I'm gutted.
    He would have deserved the victory just keeping his pace when he was 3 sec. in front of Alonso. When Fernando has decided to show us who was faster today, he has recoverd that split in 6 laps, and then Vettel was approaching to them, just because Massa was clearly slower.

Ioan, in Spain there's a saying that was made for you: "No hay más ciego que el que no quiere ver (The one who's blinder is that one who doesn't want to see")

Excuse me for my bad english,
    Ayrton, still missing you

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    The key phrase is "can you confirm you understand" simple timing would tell Massa the truth not that message. It's utter crap once again. And the FIA will do nothing.

Once again a sport I love makes me want to never watch again.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rublazar2
    What I've seen is that Alonso has recovered that split in just 5 or 6 laps, demonstrating that he was faster than Massa.

Ridiculous is when you have overtaken your teammate, and you're fighting for both Constructor and Driver's Championship, and then your teammate is extending his breaking zone in order to not let you pass.

Yeah, is more fun when you hear "you'd better try to save fuel" or "you don't have to save fuel anymore" if your teammate is faster and right behind you

He would have deserved the victory just keeping his pace when he was 3 sec. in front of Alonso. When Fernando has decided to show us who was faster today, he has recoverd that split in 6 laps, and then Vettel was approaching to them, just because Massa was clearly slower.

Ioan, in Spain there's a saying that was made for you: "No hay más ciego que el que no quiere ver (The one who's blinder is that one who doesn't want to see")

Excuse me for my bad english,
    you should apologize for the post

even the Ferrari pr guys would frown at this post
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    you should apologize for the post

even the Ferrari pr guys would frown at this post
    Yeah, and Alonso should apologize for being faster than his teammate the WHOLE weekend

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rublazar2
    Yeah, and Alonso should apologize for being faster than his teammate the WHOLE weekend
    He couldn't overtake Massa earlier in the race, but there was no indication they would take each other out. If he really was quicker, he should have shown it on the track like a man.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I am still waiting to hear if there is going to be an investigation

I cannot understand how they are not even discussing it.

Maybe having Danny Sullivan ( an Indyy CART guy and probably cluelless about F1) as one of the stewards is a facotr. Him not wanting to be in the middle of a decision like this.

My question to them is clear"
    What do you do when a team breaks a rule?
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ferrari have been summoned to see the stewards.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    He couldn't overtake Massa earlier in the race, but there was no indication they would take each other out. If he really was quicker, he should have shown it on the track like a man.
    I Have only seen Massa being faster than Alonso at the start, when Vettel tried to paint the wall with Alonso's tires.

And I've seen Alonso overtaking Massa, when they were lappin another driver. But then Massa decided to emulate Webber's and Vettel's incident in Turkey, not thinking of his team. That was the reason for Alonso's whining.