Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 648 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I just saw a big Ferrari flag in the Road America crowd! What do you think about that, a Ferrari flag at a NASCAR race?! As good as seeing a Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac?
    Great Eagles/Baseball/Hurtin' Song simile
    BTW missed the whole race. Took my niece fishing
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm glad I didn't try to DVR this one. I would have missed the finish... and Jacques' car dying on the last 2 laps!!!

Great drive by Edwards though. He really put on a driving clinic. Also, I have to say that I liked the way NASCAR flagged this race. I didn't see every lap, but the laps I did see didn't have any mystery/unnecessary cautions. Anybody who was able to attend this one got their money's worth.
    Every caution had a purpose; I like that.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 648 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Great Eagles/Baseball/Hurtin' Song simile
    BTW missed the whole race. Took my niece fishing
    Of course I meant Don Hendley
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I watched the race at Road America today. NASCAR looked really good on this legendary roadcourse, I hope they come back next year.

JV looked real good today, making excellent and gutsy passes at various points, showing he hasn't lost a thing. I'm hoping he gets a stable ride. Looks like he's got for Montreal, hope he can turn this into something.
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    JV was fastest in practice too.....So he still has it!
    Yes, he does, and I suspect he'll show something on the ovals, if he can get a ride for those, too.
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm glad I didn't try to DVR this one. I would have missed the finish... and Jacques' car dying on the last 2 laps!!!

Great drive by Edwards though. He really put on a driving clinic. Also, I have to say that I liked the way NASCAR flagged this race. I didn't see every lap, but the laps I did see didn't have any mystery/unnecessary cautions. Anybody who was able to attend this one got their money's worth.
    I've learned to always add a couple of extra hours to my recording time. Great race. Too bad JV's car let him down.

Thank goodness there weren't a bunch of those interminable GWC's at the end.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral66
    Yes, he does, and I suspect he'll show something on the ovals, if he can get a ride for those, too.
    Hopefully his impressive run at RA will result in something. I have my fingers crossed.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Hard luck on JV

Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral66
    I watched the race at Road America today. NASCAR looked really good on this legendary roadcourse, I hope they come back next year.
    Only thing I didn't like was seeing the cars go round The Kink and up and down the straights what looked like at snail's pace.

Just a bit wrong if you ask me. Guess I've got problems adjusting between 3500lb/1500lb race cars on a fast open road course

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

I thought the race was pretty cool. I could have done without the long red flag (still trying to figure out why it took so long) and it really did suck for JV. I was pulling for him since Harvick wasn't in the race.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was at Road America and man was that race cool! My normal ALMS crew came along , about half of them could care less about NASCAR , but all became converts!!!! along with many others in attendance . The red flag took so long because of the pure automotive carnage that happens when someone misses turn six with a big pack of cars behind them. There was a mini Exxon Valdees going on up there and if they would have not got that stuff out of there, everyone would have spun . We were watching at the hurry downs , and were in the process of moving to another spot , and just happened to move to the inside of six when the wreck happened. I'm not a fan of crashes , but man was that crazy to see that close ! Even though I'm a big Edwards fan Villeneuve was the only car that could hang with him and you never want to win one like that . There was a ton of Canadians camping , and I was happy to see Fellows take second , hope that eased the sting a bit. Man I hope they come back next year !!!!
    :dozey: Behold the power of cheese;)