Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    di Montezemolo shut the FECK up

Alonso not good enough driver to get passed Hispania yet this jetass di Montezemolo thinks he could have won the race.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    MAYBE they are
    http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/20596.html
    The three new teams will almost certainly occupy the bottom three places in the championship, meaning one of them is set to land a £17 million windfall when it beats the others. Branson said he had not been aware of the money up for grabs.
    "There's some money? You never told me that!" Branson is quoted by BBC Sport,after being told about the cash by Virgin Racing CEO Graeme Lowdon. "It does make a difference. Whereas I said I wouldn't mind about tenth place, I've suddenly taken a big interest!"
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Luca and Valentino, sitting in a tree...
    M O A N I N G........
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'll just repeat what someone else said as I agree with the statement totally.

"The 3 new teams are nothing but a credit to the sport"

Seriously, what planet is LdM on? To think that the 3 new teams have gone from between 5 and 7 seconds off the pace to between 2.5 and 4 seconds, thats over half the deficit in just 4 months yet this nitwit is still harping on about them being too slow is laughable, hell a Lotus was within just TWO TENTHS of outqualifying a Sauber just this weekend.

Mr di Montezemolo, Can you please shut up about these teams, they won the right to be in F1 and are here to stay and you will never get your wish of a 3rd car.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzlaF1
    I'll just repeat what someone else said as I agree with the statement totally.

"The 3 new teams are nothing but a credit to the sport"

Seriously, what planet is LdM on? To think that the 3 new teams have gone from between 5 and 7 seconds off the pace to between 2.5 and 4 seconds, thats over half the deficit in just 4 months yet this nitwit is still harping on about them being too slow is laughable, hell a Lotus was within just TWO TENTHS of outqualifying a Sauber just this weekend.

Mr di Montezemolo, Can you please shut up about these teams, they won the right to be in F1 and are here to stay and you will never get your wish of a 3rd car.
    well said. especially considering the new teams are undoubtadly on a massively tight budget when compared to the big spenders. to me, lotus, virgin, and even cash strapped HRT are doing just as a credible job spending their small amounts of money than mclaren, red bull, mercedes and ferrari are doing spending their hundreds of millions of pounds/euros.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Sorry mate, I don't get your hatred towards the new teams. Kobayashi beat Kovalainen only by 0,3 seconds. A team with 17 years of F1 experience vs a team with half a year experience. Who is the real joke here?
    Deep problems that probably come from childhood I'd say. Nothing else could explain it. By his criteria new F1 teams should be allowed only if capable of beating the old ones. He would probably even forbid the older teams that don't win. We would end up having just one team. A team that would always win. No joke teams. Now wouldn't that be wonderful?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I'm very sad that Luca continues to embarrass Ferrari with his ludicrous statements.
    Formula 1

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I'm very sad that Luca continues to embarrass Ferrari with his ludicrous statements.
    Agree.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    It is beneath a team like Ferrari to continue harping about this issue.
    Hopefully no one else in the team shares his pov
    sadly the drivers who most often face the media will have to be the ones answering questions about his statements. Although I expect Alonso to somewhat agree with him, and company man massa towing the line.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fandango
    In some ways I agree with him. Remember Lola, and teams like Osella years ago.

To make the comparison with football is interesting, because my question would be what, exactly, does an F1 team consist of? All the teams have two cars on track, but if you look at the number of mechanics and engineers I imagine there are big differences between the bigger and the smaller teams. I think they should limit the mechanic and engineering personnel too.

Let the teams test all they want, but at a race meeting they should have equal resources in man-hours (the same number of mechanics and engineers). Put cameras in all the garages and let everyone see them at work. It would increase the techie aspect, but if shows like CSI can be popular so can watching mechanics trying get set ups and repairs done in time.

The better people would get paid better and go to the richer teams, but it would leave more scope for ingenuity and talent.
    I believe there's already a limit of 45 people in place for each team over a race weekend, which doesn't make much difference.