Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    This really an Anorak Heaven and, as I am not one - MEGO...zzzzzzzzzz
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    You would be abolutely CORRECT, Taz

I do.

It seems that someone has too much time on their hands and quick to knock others around, maybe someone lacks that certain companionship?

As for the Sporting regulations being really "boring" I couldn't agree more...Reading them is like watching paint dry or the grass grow.

HOWEVER

It is the law of the land in the sport that we all love and I wish more people spend the agonizing time to actually read them before spouting off about what the rules are or are not etc, etc, etc.....Half the arguments we have around here that end up getting people BANNED wouldn't happen if people would actually sit back and read them, no matter how much doing so is akin to swallowing shards of cut glass....
    Comming from a moderator which I'm sure is a devil may care passtime. I'll accept that comment with a rather large pinch of salt. Fun police? Well they say a good offense is a great defense! However that applies.
    If the shoe fits wear it. I hope your microprocessor keeps you warm tonight!
    Peace!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    40.11 When the clerk of the course decides it is safe to call in the safety car the message "SAFETY CAR IN THIS LAP" will be displayed on the timing monitors and the car's orange lights will be extinguished This will be the signal to the teams and drivers that it will be entering the pit lane at the end of that lap.
    At this point the first car in line behind the safety car may dictate the pace and, if necessary, fall more than ten car lengths behind it.
    In order to avoid the likelihood of accidents before the safety car returns to the pits, from the point at which the lights on the car are turned out drivers must proceed at a pace which involves no erratic acceleration or braking nor any other manoeuvre which is likely to endanger other drivers or impede the restart.
    As the safety car is approaching the pit entry the yellow flags and SC boards will be withdrawn and replaced by waved green flags with green lights at the Line. These will be displayed until the last car crosses the Line.
    That's what I don't get. The SC boards were in, the lights were out and the green flags were being waved. SC was in that lap, not finishing the race, so I read the move as being fine. Baffling.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    The stewards got it wrong. See Australia 2009 - race ended, the safety car pulled in on the last corner and technically it ended under the safety car - the SC boards were still showing, and the yellow flags were on full display.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the FIA appreciate that the regulations and procedures need clarifying and took the decision to do so. This is the right thing to do in my opinion.

2010 FIA Formula One World Championship Monaco Grand Prix

19/05/2010

The problems identified during the final lap of the Monaco Grand Prix, counting for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, showed a lack of clarity in the application of the rule prohibiting overtaking behind the Safety Car.

Adjustments to the regulations are necessary to clarify the procedure that cars must meet when the last lap is controlled by the Safety Car whilst also ensuring that the signaling for teams and drivers is made more clear.

These adjustments will help to avoid the problem which occurred during the Monaco Grand Prix from happening in the future.

The Formula One Commission, upon a proposal of the F1 Sporting Working Group will submit an amendment to the Sporting Regulations to address this issue. These amendments will be considered by the World Motor Sport Council at its next meeting in Geneva on June 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    Nobel Laureates? Thats really a recipe for disaster!

I really thnk that this whole issue is because of the Schumi factor - nobody else running even thought of such beautiful opportunism. Thats the crux of the matter.

Schumi outsmarted everyone on Sunday - in motor racing heaven Fangio, Hawthorn, Senna and Clark were surely smiling. No doubt "black Jack" Brabham was indeed smiling even broader than for Webbers victory mokin:

The apology by Mercedes was easy. Why? They realized on Sunday just "wot they got"!

And Ferrari winced - they witnessed their "savior" being beaten by someone who thinks outside the ordinary and never gives up WITHOUT CRASHING - just as he did to Raikkonen on that last lap at Interlagos in 2006.
    You stoped taking your medicine, didn't you?
    It's probably a good idea to stay off the Kool-aid as well!

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    It takes guts to admit wrongdoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    It takes guts to admit wrongdoing.
    Not if it's part of a pre-arranged plea-bargain mokin: