Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    did I not expect that !

Damon´s revenge

If anything (big if) p7 would have been half fair. 20 Sec is a joke
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just saw this message from SPEED's Bob Varsha who called the Monaco race in the US:

"Haven't checked (the replay video), though others have pointed it out since. That blinking green means the pace car is coming in, and if it had been any lap but the last one, you would be correct. But the rules state clearly that the final lap of a race is a different situation: the pace car will pull in (to avoid pics of the safety car leading the finish, I guess) and the cars will cross the finish line without overtaking. As Casey Stebgel once said, you could look it up (at fia.com)."
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    did I not expect that !

Damon´s revenge

If anything (big if) p7 would have been half fair. 20 Sec is a joke
    I don't think it's Hill's fault, at least I hope it isn't he always looked like a correct person.

It's either the FIA covering up for a cock-up or bending over for Ferrari.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So why did they issue the "safety car in this lap" caption? Surely if they're on the last lap there's no need? For once, I think Schumacher was unfairly penalised. Damon's revenge indeed.....

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral66
    Just saw this message from SPEED's Bob Varsha who called the Monaco race in the US:

"Haven't checked (the replay video), though others have pointed it out since. That blinking green means the pace car is coming in, and if it had been any lap but the last one, you would be correct. But the rules state clearly that the final lap of a race is a different situation: the pace car will pull in (to avoid pics of the safety car leading the finish, I guess) and the cars will cross the finish line without overtaking. As Casey Stebgel once said, you could look it up (at fia.com)."
    varsha is as stupid as the fia.
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    great idea: deliberately give the pinnacle of motor racing a bit more unreliable tires
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Yea, why should anyone including a double world champion have any chance to succeed after making a mistake in practice? I think all the teams should have been issued air rifles and allowed to try shooting Freds tyres out. Something to bring equity to the game!
    Great Idea sport
    I think you misunderstood me, I used the wrong wording I do not want any driver to suffer, or be at a disadvantage.

My point was less durable tyres, not unreliable. (Wrong wording Sorry)
    Because if everyone can make the tyres last a whole race, then why not just let them non stop and just have to pass on track.

I think there would be little or no chance of passing in a dry race if that were the case, but my idea was to have differing levels of durability and letting a driver use his skills or strategy of dealing with hard tyres or really soft tyres to either run a whole race on hard tyres to do what Alonso did, or super softs to allow a driver to sprint.

I was just surprised that Alonso made hard tyres last 77 laps, and fear that with a race that has a SC after 7 or 8 laps then everyone pits and just races in order to the finish.
    If the harder tyres now can last a whole race then the stop for soft tyres is a gimmick, I would just prefer to see tyre stops that were needed rather than artifical.

Just my opinion
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral66

Blinking greens now mean SC situation only to avoid the SC in the finish photo shots? WTF next?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

tried the fia website, but can not get in

Stupid is as stupid does....

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    That is a bad decision, it seems the FIA/stewards don't like a bit of crafty enterprise, they need to look at their penalty decisions as well as why during a SC period they put up Green Flags
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

my guess is unless the rules have been changed, there is no appeal????