Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champcarjim
    does anyone know if they have any plans to put success ballast into cars or reverse grids ???

when can we expect the next update ??
    ballast will NEVER happen as has been mentioned in previous discussions because these cars are dependant on weight balence so adding extra weight or making cars lighter really upsets the cars handling. but if placed correctly, more weight on one side of the car can acatully help the car and make it faster.

as for reverse grids, i'm not sure what to think about that. perhaps if it was only a small number of cars at the top of the field (top 8 for example) as slower cars can often just get in the way and cause a big pile up, especially at starts/restarts. just look at what happened to Oli Playle last season when he got a slow start.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgs
    as for reverse grids, i'm not sure what to think about that. perhaps if it was only a small number of cars at the top of the field (top 8 for example) as slower cars can often just get in the way and cause a big pile up, especially at starts/restarts. just look at what happened to Oli Playle last season when he got a slow start.
    Rookies always to the back, same as we do in Pickups
    If its got breasts or an engine, its gonna cost you...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgs
    ........ as slower cars can often just get in the way and cause a big pile up, especially at starts/restarts. just look at what happened to Oli Playle last season when he got a slow start.
    ask colin white and tony hurdle what they think of reverse grids. most of their racing on the short ovals has been spent passing "slower" cars. set grids by qualifying times with fastest at the front and what do you normally get... a procession much like formula 1.

yes, reverse grids are contrived but it's for the spectator. it's great to see who can and can't handle traffic(need i mention some of the f1 stars when they've started down the field without the aid of a blue flag to help them overtake).

the cream will always rise to the top.
    Hear the thunder, feel the power.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acorn

....the cream will always rise to the top.
    ....or end up parked in the turn one wall keeping me company!

I'm not in favour of reverse grids.
    Somewhere else in 2008???:( (exept Mallory :) )

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    A case of believe it when I see it when it comes to 14 cars for SCSA. Weren't we promised 20 last year? and 20 again for this year a few months ago>
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that'll be this statement you're referring to:

"Currently there are 17 cars that have PROVISIONALLY confirmed, I could name them but it’s up to each team to make their announcements, some are new teams as well as the established ones, in the last two weeks some exciting enquiries have been made that COULD easily see us into the 20’s."

note, it doesn't actually promise anything. there's a "provisionally" and a "could" in there. a wise move not to "promise" anything with sceptics lurking.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    was that before or after Gavin Wills annouced they were having problems getting a series sponsor? many teams pulled out after the series was on the rocks

Torquespeed annouced 4 cars, West-tec 3 cars, including Vergers being sponsored by Irwin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    scsa update #1 posted 10th december 2006 on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thing is about motor racing is things all revolve around money if you dont have it or if people dont give you enough then you aint going to get far!

i have yesterday sent for my season ticket and have booked hotels long time ago for my family as i said earlier last chance saloon for scsa!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone know any more about ASCE.

Their website shows as racing at Rockingham in 2007!!!!
    Get off your seat, and on your feet
    It\'s time to go green flag Racin\'
    Boogity Boogity Boogity :hot: