Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations to Ryan Newman.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Thinking about going across town and watching the race tonight guys. I'm torn, feel like an open wheel traitor if I do! But there are 4 former open wheel standouts starting in top 7!
    Racing was racing dude. It was a pretty ok race and one hell of a last 5 laps!!!

Best trick I saw all night was Jimmie going way inside with the brake glowing jumping from 8th to 4th on the first lap of the restart on the green white checker finish. I thought for sure the whole bunch of em was going to wreck.

AS for The worst luck, Busch ended up 8th after leading the last laps, and Allmendinger in 11th at the yellow, coming in, getting 2 tires, coming out 7th, and then with all the shuffle on the restart, ending up 15th or something....THAT sucked.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i really don't like how nascar has been away from the intermediates for five weeks, they need to do something about that.

noone is going to know what driver is for real other than jj until june/july when the intermediates are in full force.
    the drought is over--may there never be another with 115 races.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willracefan
    i really don't like how nascar has been away from the intermediates for five weeks, they need to do something about that.

noone is going to know what driver is for real other than jj until june/july when the intermediates are in full force.
    Intermediates are boring races for the most part. This is my favourite run of races, from Bristol, Martinsville, Phoenix, Dega, Richmond, Darlington and on to Charlotte. IN this stretch you have some of the most unique tracks in NASCAR. I wish they could dump half the cookie cutters and run this run of tracks...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cant agree more with you Mark, Cookie cutters are mostly a joke, maybe 1 or 2 of the races can produce some quality racing, but only if Goodyear brings a very good tire.

I thought the race was decent, although Im tired of seeing the race go beyond its scheduled race distance, but a crash is a crash, and it was a legitimate caution this time unlike the Nationwide race for some duct tape.

it will also be great to hear some unbiased announcers for once, I thought Jimmie was suppose to win and lead every lap according to DW
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    whats your record at Phoenix : I bet its the same as mine

#4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well i would agree any other year but this year harvick is better on the cookie cutters so far.
    the drought is over--may there never be another with 115 races.