Page 303 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 2032532933013023033043053133534038031303 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 14986
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwbroe
    Seems like Duval blew up his last ever change to become a rallydriver again, he refused an offer from Proton to do 13 rally's with them, gaining 125000 Euro's. He had to do some rally's in Asia and the rest in IRC, but Mr. Duval prefers to stay in his garage. Nobody understands him anymore, even his manager, his parents and his good friend Olivier de Wilde (from La Derniere Heure) don't know what he is trying to prove.

Here is the article from La Derniere Heure, unfortunally in French :
    It takes quite a big personality to refuse an offer like that. First of all to refuse such an amount of money and second of all to understand that you just don't have it (anymore). Let's hope he doesn't regret it later...

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    He was best paid young gun (millions) in 2005.. So why to risk his head (Panizzi once said that) for that amount of money..He can drive in Belgium some old fiat just for fun.. He's right.

Liked 340 Times in 171 Posts
    Yes, but he is losing an opportunity to show that he could still be a good driver to get a good seat on IRC or WRC in 2011. If he do not show value in international competitions, may run the risk of being forgotten.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    anymore info about Proton selection. why lets say they did not choose Atko?
    Lets hope they go to Atko now... and that Chris doesn't get his nose out of joint in being 2nd choice

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm susrprised Duval refused... honestly, he's not very good. The few good results he had were often due to the retirements of better drivers. Like, his only win was after Loeb, Petter, Marcus and Colin had all retired and the only challenger left was Rovanpera. Chris is definitely better.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rough translation:
    He prefers to deny a fair contract for Proton to focus on his garage. The Beginning of the End ...

CUL-DES-SARTS Without official wheel for several years after being grilled wings at Citroën, Ford, Skoda and Kronos have alienated bosses and have Christian Kelders gold Vergalle Steven (he even declined a recent proposal Geko to travel to Belgium!), Francois Duval refused this weekend the last time probably bounce to his international career.

Perhaps influenced by his accident in Japan in 2008 (his teammate Patrick Pivato relies only today), Ypres and Condroz last year, Dudu no longer the sacred fire. At low ebb, he has now hit bottom.

Having overcome emotional problems and recovered his wife Marion in Paris, we thought better mentally. But it is, alas! nothing.

Slowly but surely, the pilot of Cul-des-Sarts continued to vacuum around him. At the point that even his most ardent supporters no longer believe it to be again now that they loved. For while Obelix is certainly one of the five best rally drivers in the world, he no longer wanted to prove. To invest. The spring is broken.

He recently refused a contract with the manufacturer or Malaysian Proton wanted at all costs after a trial rather than conclusive and offered him a contract of 125.000 euro for apparently 13 races including six from the Asia-Pacific Championships where he would team with Alister McRae.

Yet in no position to be choosy, Duval Jr. prefers to devote to family garage where he Became the boss. Auris opportunities to negotiate rather than take this great opportunity to bounce back with a manufacturer.

"It's hard to explain," says a thirty beside his pumps. "My decision is linked to a variety of things. It's not just the garage. I said I wanted to ride in the IRC but not in Asia. I do not think this can serve me to go win against the Group N drivers nameless. Everyone found it normal. That's a lot of trips and days of absence for a league that does not turn me. Five years ago, I would not hesitate, but since my victory in 2005 in Australia, I have done nothing good. And now, if I earn my living honestly, thanks to the buying and selling second-hand cars. "

The former No. 1 Belgian now prefers to play the race villages, making gold rallycross turn Mettet after hours, or when the garage is closed.

With such talent, one can speak of a real mess, probably the greatest sports car. A career remembering the ascent and the descent into hell of a Frank Vandenbroucke. Hoping that the outcome is not the same ...
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

When drove for RB škoda WRC Panizzi said why to risk my life for almost no money at all.. These guys used to earn big money and now Duval should travel all around the world for 125 000 euros. That's bad offer. I agree with him.. Paying boys ruined rally sport..

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    Paying boys ruined rally sport..
    If that is the case then this sport has been ruined since day one.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Not really.. There's so much paying boys in WRC at the moment that team bosses don't have needs to pay anyone.. Petter Solberg is better driver then Hirvonen and Latvala for me but that guys were payers so after some they became standard works drivers (Latvala is not paid from ford at all).. There are only two HIGHLY PAID drivers at the moment in WRC: The Ice Man and Seb.Loeb.. Unfortunately..

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Don Jippo is right. There've been paying drivers for as long as there's been rallying and they're certainly not the problem in the sport.

Duval was a real talent and deserved every top result he achieved. It would be great to see him in a competitive car again.
    However the decision is his to make and people should respect that. Turning down a drive like this doesn't make him a "tw**" at all.
    The money, after all, is mere wages and his comments about the APRC are quite correct.

It's interesting that this guy Olivier de Wilde is described as a "good friend". Even allowing for the rough babelfish style translation, I'm not sure that article is the work of a good friend.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.