Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    When you say "old Bristol", you don't mean asphalt Bristol, right?
    I am not old enough to really remember it except in grainy old footage. I would accept it in asphalt. I like the layout of a tight half mile with steep banking I think the concrete has been a fairer surface to race on, but the newer incarnation with the progressive banking is more of an even test. The first version of the concrete, the one that turned it into the Roman Colosseum minus the lions was pretty much a test of will and not getting the snot knocked out of you. It wasn't really racing, it was bashing people out of the way who were slower than you. I got tired of 500 lap races with 120 laps under 16 yellows. THAT to me was not really good racing. It was fun, and we saw lots of fights but it wasn't like any other race and that was good in the sense but really it was bad. It made the track as big a freak of nature as Talladega is. Even Martinsville, provides a second groove. The old concrete layout did NOT.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I actually preferred Bristol before the high banking.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Which track was it that got a dirt face lift for some anniversary or something a few years back[10 maybe]?
    Also I've seen alot of races both at Bristol and on tv at Bristol and I can't remember a bad race there. Sure there were bad things happen but the race itself, to me anyways, was allways a good one.
    I think the safer barriers are a little much there but I won't argue the safty points of it. Furthermore the tighter the better.
    This is the beguining of the next fifty years. heres where i see how much i learned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bristol was temporarily converted to a dirt track a few times. I don't know why they stopped doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00OmJPBld-I
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was the coolest thing I ever saw at night no less.
    This is the beguining of the next fifty years. heres where i see how much i learned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just my opinion....give me a flat half-mile over a banked one any day of the week.
    "He had the talent to be a champion, if only he weren't so stubborn." Harry Hyde