Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt
    Jimmie just picked up right where he left off last year. Look out NASCAR, the drive for five has started.

Actually Hendricks totally picked up where they left off: Jimmie wins, Mark Martin right up front, Jeff Gordon runs good but finishes not quite so good, Dale Jr. stinks up the joint.

Junior had a very Danica type day :-)

Too bad about the blown engine for Montoya... I think he is going to challenging for wins & the championship every race, every year now.

Don't get too excited for RCR.

montoya will not challenge jj for no championship, you can rain on our parade all you want, but harvick has been the best driver so far this season any way you slice it. oh, and harvick outraced gordon, who is over with as far as winning another championship is concerned, junior is not better than he's made out to be, and martin is just a nice guy who needs to retire. you must be upset montoya blew up today. every driver but jj has a down year and well if montoya had won some races he might be taken more seriously but all he did was get third and fourth place finishes for the first five of six chase races and then only one more top ten after that. but of course that had a lot to do with egr, or shall i say chip, stealing the power from rcr. egr has the same engines as rcr so if rcr had a slump egr sure as heck will, and egr is not more resourced than rcr in the first place.
    the drought is over--may there never be another with 115 races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    I was just staring at that for 5 minutes wondering, "When did they put EGR valves on the engines?"

Let's try talking about some of the good aspects of that race. There were passes for the lead on track, green flag pit stops, 26 lead changes, and it didn't get rained out. I'm satisifed with what I saw.
    sorry, typo. should've been ECR
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the last 75 laps were great. other than that The commercials ticked me off, The same ones over and over. Liek NASCAR needs to repeat its own commercials. I mean if I see the commercial I must be watching right.
    The hollywood finish of two California boys running wild and slapping the wall and the paint. Nobody scripted that right. I should have bet in vegas on the outcome.
    Really though I feel bad for Juan and Newman. But the race itself was enjoyable and beating out thew rain- Now thats a switch.As for Jimmy over Happy on the pit thing; Jimmy beat him at the line and I do believe he was pretty fast on that pit lane exit also.
    This is the beguining of the next fifty years. heres where i see how much i learned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss Ghoul
    Johnson moved his car up the track to disturb the air getting to Harvick, who then bobbled. Great racemanship by Johnson, no question.
    You are correct. Great move by Johnson.

It does appear that this year will be the same as last.....everyone bitchin' that Hendricks teams either have a horseshoe, are cheating, or its a conspiracy by Nascar. Some things don't change.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Today Chad Knaus was interviewed on DSPN2's Nascar Now:

Marty Smith: Chad, how do you respond to Kevin Harvicks assertion that you have a gold plated horseshoe stashed up Jimmie's backside?

Chad: Nah,Nah Kevin's got it all wrong. I'll let ya'll in on a little secret. To have it crammed up Jimmie's behind would have the extra weight mounted too high in the car. We actually have it welded to the frame just under Jimmie's seat to keep the CG low.! :
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    You are correct. Great move by Johnson.

It does appear that this year will be the same as last.....everyone bitchin' that Hendricks teams either have a horseshoe, are cheating, or its a conspiracy by Nascar. Some things don't change.
    last time I remembered, when a car on pit road is passed by the leader before coming back on the track, that driver is one lap down. Nascar screwed that one up badly.

Johnson was not a pace speed nor was he even on the actual track yet when Burton passed him. thats not a conspiracy, that is BS that Nascar basically handed Johnson the free chance to win.

if Johnson didn't make that move on Harvick to basically kill all the aero grip he had, that race was over. but I found it very funny that during the whole race, Nascar was trying to keep Harvick down, and trying to keep him in the back when they gave him that BS speeding penalty when he was going the same speed down pitroad as Johnson
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes it's very clear. Robby Gordon is doing so poorly that he isn't worth worrying about, so NASCAR has decided to focus on harrassing & penalizing Kevin Harvick.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Holy sh!!

I just saw a great great race at ACS!

*rubs eyes*

*pinches arm*

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Amazing to some I guess. I've yet to see a bad race from Funtana
    "He had the talent to be a champion, if only he weren't so stubborn." Harry Hyde