Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    didn't we discuss this earlier in the thread? The car will turn, it uses differential steering. The width of the front wheels is meaningless. Whether it turns as well as Bowlby says it does (better than the current Dallara) is to be seen, but as has been said earlier, the guy is not a complete amateur moron that would put a narrow front end like that if it didn't turn.
    I know..I keep pointing out until we see this thing in the reality of the race track, we will not know. Personally, I just see the physics of that narrow front end and differential turning or not I don't know.....

The whole thing is I have an open mind on this car, even tho I too don't like the looks of it...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I know..I keep pointing out until we see this thing in the reality of the race track, we will not know. Personally, I just see the physics of that narrow front end and differential turning or not I don't know.....

The whole thing is I have an open mind on this car, even tho I too don't like the looks of it...
    I like most aspects of this "potential" car, more so than the competitors. If they could make it look a little less phallic, even better. If they could put more than one on the track and give us some idea of the racing it could provide, that would be ideal. Unfortunately the IRL will be making their decision on which car to go with in a few months from now, before ANY of these designs go on the track. So we're relying on the IRL to make a crucially important decision without a lot to go on outside of the drawing board. My hope and excitement is with the Delta Wing project, but I am far from optimistic that is the direction they will choose.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Delta Wing is the, IMO, latest pied-piper saviour of the Indy Car world.

15 months ago, we were hearing the virtues extolled about the DP-01, which was supposed to revolutionize Indy Car racing. Those vcars are about a worthwhile as the car Jim Hurtubise unveled in the qualifying line some years back with a case of beer in the engine compartment.

There has been the Antares, the Phoenix, The Falcon. Remember what was done to keep competition equal to Andy Granatelli's turbine or Roger Penske's Merc?

The IRL seems done with the concept of cross-contamination of interests. Tony George killed off his own ill-advised race team. Yiou have independent Indy car-qualified manufacturers like Swift, Dallara and Lola. What is the huge bet, worth millions of dollars, for?

We're going by pictures. No track data. No prototype. No manufacturer.

And would you like to be the first driver to hit the wall with that front end?

Those who prefer this are buying the eggs before they hit the store's parking lot.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

15 months ago, we were hearing the virtues extolled about the DP-01, which was supposed to revolutionize Indy Car racing. Those cars are about as worthwhile now as the car Jim Hurtubise unveiled in the qualifying line some years back with a case of beer in the engine compartment.

There has been the Antares, the Phoenix, The Falcon. Remember what was done to keep competition equal to Andy Granatelli's turbine or Roger Penske's Merc?

The IRL seems done with the concept of cross-contamination of interests. Tony George killed off his own ill-advised race team. Yiou have independent Indy car-qualified manufacturers like Swift, Dallara and Lola. What is the huge bet, worth millions of dollars, for?

Those who prefer this are buying the eggs before they hit the store's parking lot.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool

15 months ago, we were hearing the virtues extolled about the DP-01, which was supposed to revolutionize Indy Car racing. Those cars are about as worthwhile now as the car Jim Hurtubise unveiled in the qualifying line some years back with a case of beer in the engine compartment.

wow..... even IC is against it

*not to mention we now have teams 'merging'..ala the last days of champcar....
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    we now have teams 'merging'..ala the last days of champcar....
    And NASCAR...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    And NASCAR...
    and nascar what?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe he's referring to the perceived radicalization that was the Car of Tomorrow(?). Possibly misquoted that post? What say you V12?

I know many a nascar fan had (some still have) reservations about what they drive now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    No, I think those who have said they prefer the DW are saying they prefer to see it hit the test track to see if it is viable or not. I don't think anyone who has expressed a preference for it are willing to back it without so much as a prototype being built.

Gary

BTW I am curious as to your comment about who wants to be the first to hit "the wall with that front end". Why do you feel the design of the front end is any more fragile than those we have now?
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    *not to mention we now have teams 'merging'..ala the last days of champcar....
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    And NASCAR...
    and nascar what?
    Gee Ken, it's not as if V12 didn't quote EXACTLY what was being compared as similar to NASCAR. 'Twas your swipe at teams merging.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.