Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MJW
    Unless they prove different in 2010, I think North One could be very bad news for us old time diehards of rallying. See Martin Holmes' article in gpweek a few months ago. ISC/North One are real control freaks, and I fear a pandering to the Ken Block, computer game generation. i.e. those who they can make money fom.

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Unless they prove different in 2010, I think North One could be very bad news for us old time diehards of rallying. See Martin Holmes' article in gpweek a few months ago. ISC/North One are real control freaks, and I fear a pandering to the Ken Block, computer game generation. i.e. those who they can make money fom.
    Maybe they stop thinking about trying to make money, and actually get the sport back on it's feet. They'll have much more chance of making money if the WRC is strong and healthy again. That means more than 2 Manufacturers, and more than 2/3 drivers who can win.
    By being 'control freaks' -general press and media won't show any interest. I'd be almost certain that none of the papers here in UK will have anything about the start of the WRC this week. (I'll be delighted if I'm wrong)

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Maybe they stop thinking about trying to make money, and actually get the sport back on it's feet. They'll have much more chance of making money if the WRC is strong and healthy again. That means more than 2 Manufacturers, and more than 2/3 drivers who can win.
    By being 'control freaks' -general press and media won't show any interest. I'd be almost certain that none of the papers here in UK will have anything about the start of the WRC this week. (I'll be delighted if I'm wrong)
    They paid a lot of money for the promotional rights. They need money. They don't care about privateers or live spectators because they cannot make money on that.

Liked 361 Times in 214 Posts
    Agree with him
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Whoa! what a haterz dude! he said:
    Then, the revelation that U.S. “driving sensation” Ken Block will join the WRC. A masterpiece of hype, it told us: “The announcement today that US star Ken Block will take part in the 2010 WRC … has been hailed as confirmation that the ‘World’s Greatest Drivers’ will be competing.”
    well I saw right in Kenny's Press Release when he bought his ride from malcom that it said "the most significant singings in WRC history".

Said it black and white and now this hater dude is saying Kenny's not gtrat!!!!

hey I'm going to go check WRC Mexico results and WRC NZ and I betcha I can find a 26th ot a 28th on a SS---done under Super rally---see! He's a Super Rallyist!

Betcha the hater Jerry williams hasn't finished 27th on a stage under Super-rally rules!

Betcha Williams is some whinging Pommie bastid who hates Americans cause we love Freedom™

[/typical Block fan off]
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="MJW"]Unless they prove different in 2010, I think North One could be very bad news for us old time diehards of rallying. QUOTE]

How many more times! It's Rally not Rallying according to North One speak.

They dont have to worry about the heritage of the sport of rallying as they invented a new one called rally.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Wink

Isn't the cool new name rally racing?
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan
    Isn't the cool new name rally racing?
    Yeah you're right. I bet my Monte is faster than your Rally Japan.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.