Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Is 2011 now also in doubt for a new engine. Speculation now start that the 1,6T engine can be stillborn, and that we will have the same engine as today in a S2000 chassis.

If so, they could do as in F1, let manufacturers sell engines to others, but when is this tech reg saga end, and FIA decide. I know that Todt has a soft spot for rally, and thinks long term.

But seing the prices on S2000 cars now after a few years, they need to make the tech regs as simple and non breakable to keep the cost of the cars down to a minimum, for more teams and drivers to have a possibility to fight in the top !
    No, no, no!!

I can't believe what I'm reading.

So we'vw had months/years of S2000, S1.6T, and we all thought 2011 was going to be S1.6T, now this rumour. Please tell me this is a joke. New Manufacturers will not join if costs remain the same - I thought that was the whole point of the new regs. Honestly, with yesterdays launch of the WRC 2010 - the last thing we need is more Ford v Citroen for next year. They should have gone for S2000 for 3 seasons then S1.6T. I fear Ford/Citroen have far too much say in the future of the sport.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,370 Times in 713 Posts
    The Germans seems to be in doubt: http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/...rbo/index.html

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101...es%20announced

Definitly some points I look forward to. I'm glad they're going to get rid of Super Rally, well, more or less. Should be 400 km the least for rally stage mileage instead of 300, but a maximum of 500 km is certaintly a good sign.

It's good to see some roots are steadily coming back
    There will be again SupeRally this year...

MJW
    Firstly I would like to say that I think Jean Todt DOES have rallying at his heart and will do something positive to help its future. But it is worrying to read the story from rallymagazin.de about the possible extension of the current wrc cars, or even more worrying the fact that the current C4 wrc engine and Focus wrc engines could find their way into the S2000 based DS3 and Fiesta in 2011.
    Whilst its well known that manufactureres are making, or at least planning smaller capaactity engined cars with a turbo for future production, the fact that we could face another delay or uncertainty is not good. My personal feelings were not in favour of traditional S2000 normally aspirated cars, but having read how Craig Breen described his new Fiesta, seen Mikko and Ogier on Monte, and more importantly seen the level of interest in the S2K cup in WRC and the fact that IRC had a good turn out in Monte, surely can FIA for the sake of rallying give a clear message that the current S2000 cars, Fiesta, Skoda, etc are the WRC cars for the next few years and say introduce the 1.6T later on in the decade?
    If for marketing reasons, PSA group want Peugeot to concentrate on LeMans, and the fact that the 207 must be "mid life" by now, then surely it should be possible to supplant the 2.0N/A Peugoet 207 engine in the DS3?
    Also when you read that there is supposedly a shortage of current wrc cars, - no C4 available for Galli and Rautenbach stories, surely it would be nice to get a new start in 2011 with S2000 cars? Marcus is testing a Fiesta today, Mikko has won in a Fiesta, give these cars their hour of glory and you could have Skoda in WRC as well. Uncertainty and delays are not what the accountants writing the cheques at VW, BMW Mini, and maybe an Asian manufacturer need right now.