Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cos
    AFAIK Brawn didn't make any quotes specifically regarding USF1, just general statements along the lines of "if a team didn't do their crash testing until the last moment then a 2010 entry would be quite difficult."

And per the FIA's deputy president for sport, USF1 have also sent their entry fee for 2010.
    Ross Brawn is diplomatic enough to not mention names.

The team may have sent their entry money but there is no tangible evidence and the teams begin to test the cars in at least EIGHT weeks time.........

As usual time will tell. Frequently the tabloids are not wrong.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    Of the four new teams Campos I see announced today that they have passed the FIA crash tests - chassis by Dallara.

So I have to add Campos to the list.

USF1 has not even begun their tests so on their part I think they will not even be in the grid.
    Those teams may make the grid, but if they are far behind in their timelines they will not be well prepared and will be likely to struggle immensely. I agree with N Jones that the acid test will be how many of these teams finish the season.

Campos' decision to use Dallara may ultimately prove to be wise. Dallara may not give them a top tier chassis, but they are a professional race car engineering and building company that knows how to deliver a completed project on time.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    If the announcements over the next few days come to fruition, this should he how it lines up

McLAREN: 1. Button, 2. Hamilton
    MERCEDES: 3. Rosberg, 4. M.Schumacher
    RED BULL: 5. Vettel, 6. Webber
    FERRARI: 7. Massa, 8. Alonso
    WILLIAMS: 9. Barrichello, 10. Hulkenberg
    RENAULT*: 11. Robert Kubica, 12. ???
    FORCE INDIA: 14. Sutil, 15. Liuzzi
    TORO ROSSO: 16. Buemi, 17. ???
    LOTUS: 18. Trulli, 19. Kovalainen or Sato
    CAMPOS META: 20. ???, 21. B.Senna
    USF1: 22. ???, 23. ???
    VIRGIN: 24. Glock, 25. di Grassi
    SAUBER: 26. ???, 27. ???

In contention for the remaining seats
    Alguersuari, Heidfeld, Fisichella, Grosjean, Sato or Kovalainen, Villeneuve, Petrov, Maldonado, Carroll, Davidson, Hildebrand, Souchek

* Could either be Renault or whoever they've sold up to
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think we'd have to at least pencil in Lopez for the USF1 drive. And I wouldn't count out Kobayashi yet, either... Although, admittedly, I am not sure where he would fit in at this time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sato's management have announced he's out of the running for Lotus, so it's looking like Trulli and Kovalainen at Lotus.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good luck to team Lotus.
    Not sure what my sig is meant to be but should be something to do with Nico beating Schuey

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Test driver seems to be good enough designation for the young rookie Fairuz.
    He may be in presence to any race in case one of regular drivers being hindered to race for some reasons. Albeit Fairuz has the talent to drive speedy, at the moment he still need to sharpen acerbity of instinct to become great package of world F1 driver.
    The team owner of Lotus might take a look at what I wrote here about Heikki, that Fairuz's performance is still a step behind Heikki...

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Don't mean to hijack the thread, but has anyone got Autosport Plus membership? Just wondered if you could tell me what Mr. Heidfeld had to say? I understand if you don't want to though

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    I think we'd have to at least pencil in Lopez for the USF1 drive. And I wouldn't count out Kobayashi yet, either... Although, admittedly, I am not sure where he would fit in at this time...
    I think he could end up at Sauber alongside Heidfeld, would be a good move on Peter Sauber's part if that were to happen.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)