Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the reply Scubie that's all I really wanted to hear that you still are trying to go there, if it isn't possible because of costs etc fair enough. Just hope each season it will be discussed when you are sorting out the calendar as who knows one day they may get cheaper or the series may get a sponsor to cover it.
    I think in an ideal world we all know you should be there aswell as Warneton etc it's just unfortunate things aren't so simple in reality.
    Leicester City F.C. :beer:
    when your smiling the whole world smiles with youuuuuuuuuuu

Neil_LCFC
    V8 Thunder #05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just give up on the V8's ever being at Rockingham.

Nobody on either side wants them or the expense of repairs or running there.

They are gone, so just watch Motors TV for their races at Belgium or watch nascar each week.

I for one have changed to watching other form's of racing.

I have to admit to going to Homestead for Sprint Cup and having to have 12 days at the beach for mrs (Miami Beach that is), is a great way for me to get my fix.

Enjoy the small oval guys.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't think I have posted for 2 years and we sold our car this year.

Well said Francis, not a hope of running a good V8 series at Rockingham, especially in this economic climate, unless a MAJOR sponsor comes on board.
    More chance of me going on a date with Marilyn Munro and she's as dead as the Rockingham Oval V8 series. When will people get this into their head?

Duane - Good luck in the ELMS, you never cease to amaze me with your enthusiasm, and the support of your dedicated team are a credit to you.
    Paul - go win a race - you deserve it. :-)

Cheers
    Ray
    EX Chevvy V8 Owner (Shame really :-()

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foxystoat
    Rockingham Motorspeedway remains a white elephant, a great Oval track with barely anything that will run on it.
    Well..... the Pickup Trucks are still running on the Rockingham Oval. Think positive!
    Be careful what you do in the circuits cause my camera is always around! :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Ray hope you and Sally are ok?, as for Rockingham it is the expense of being there that does not appeal to most of the Camso boy's i'm sure if there was a one off race there they would get the money up to do it, but racing there loads a year would just be too much. Its all the hassle that goes with it that costs go up too, i.e FIA overalls, helmet, Hans devices, Gloves, Boots, yes i know you only gotta buy them once but a lot of the drivers havent got approved gear and with costs of entry fee's of about 2 grand each, having to get an ards test for national B license's then doing 6 races before you can get a national A, then do a rookie test, Spotters, Radios, petrol, tyres, crew, accomodation, food, getting there, ferry/tunnel crossings, you can kiss good bye to a whole heap of money just to get there and blow a whole seasons worth of money in a weekend. Where as racing at Warneton, Ipswich, Lydden and Hednesford is a nice little package. I can tell ya Lydden you can open up the Ascars more and appreciate what an animal they really are. AS for pickups i'm not slaggin them off but the engines are too small stick a v6 or nice v8 and the series would be perfect. For me Late model series is just fine and can't wait to next year, hopefully venray will be on calender too one day.

Tractor.
    A nice big middle finger for you sonny!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for the dates I HAVE HEDNESFORD in diary in september ! and I can't wait.

just knowing it still lives in some form brings warmth to my soul.

I have one good thing to come from no more rockingham is that both me and my son now have the money to Kart (TKM) and a busy 11 race series and know all about cost !

My kid want's to see how far he can get as a driver ? as a late starter to racing he has got sensible ambition. AS i have a little cheque book LOL.
    TKM kart racer:)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Buddy
    Just give up on the V8's ever being at Rockingham.(again)
    Nope - that is their natural home - one day...........
    Enjoy the small oval guys.
    I do - with the bangers!
    2009? wriggly-wriggly for MSVR
    2010? the same unless something of interest returns to "The Rock"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Pits, it might have been their natural home, many moons ago, but costs and lack of oval interest in the UK for V8's, it is not going to happen.

The bangers are fine, but not my cup of tea these days.

Rockingham, will be only used for the PUT's on the oval, and that's great, V8's I watch on the TV if available. Nascar of course.

This debate could go on as long the oval, round and round.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This debate could go on as long the oval, round and round.
    Oh it will.........as it has........
    2009? wriggly-wriggly for MSVR
    2010? the same unless something of interest returns to "The Rock"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you joined the BARC or BRSCC you could go back to Rockingham so pull your fingers out and let see the V8 racing around Rockingham along with the Pickup trucks and maybe with Mascars and we could have a all OVAL meeting.

Keep it real?
    montana37 :)