Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieDarco
    I liked the fact they went for it again and raced to the end, its what racing is all about. To me anyway
    thats how it should be
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep, you race 'til your wheels fall off
    I am a brave, brave WOMAN :D

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    can we quote that as "pulling an Earnhardt"

Its funny you mentioned that. Damg75 called me to congratulate me on the race win (he's a Jeff Gordon fan, but we act like we own the teams sometimes )
    we both said the same thing...

Apparently just as the 29 appeared in the tight camera shot on the back stretch that was focused on the leaders my brother and I thought the same thing at exactly the same time: "Where did HE come from?!?!?!?"

Keep in mind we are 900 miles apart (he's in Homestead, FL).

In October of 2000 we were watching the Winston 500 in my living room together, and when the 3 came off of 4 and moved into 3rd or 4th with 3 to go we said the same thing in unison...I'll never forget that as long as I live...
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    you didn't wath the race did you, Harvick had one of the best cars out their, at th start he went from 34th to the top 5 in 30 laps. he stayed in the top 10 for almost the whole race before overheating problems happened. he restarted 30th with 20 laps to go and passed 29 cars in 20 laps, and you say he didn't earn it
    Well if you want the play by play...

Rudd dropped to the back shortly after the start. Gilligan pissed off the skipper on pit road. Then the race became "Kurt And Tony's Excellent Adventure" and featured the field thinning out until a round of pitstops pulled it back together. Then another caution came out. After that, there was always a cluster-f@<k for the lead, but then another caution would come out and the cycle would repeat. Then there's a red flag, and that brings us to what we've been talking about.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f1rocks
    Question for the Nascar experts.

How do you guys see the actual lap times for a driver. I was in the free leaderboard applet but I could only see the lap speed in miles. I could not know the lap time in seconds. Plus I could not find out when a driver went to the pits. It never indicated that.

I still dont know when Montoya went to the pits for the last pit stop. Somehow he ended up losing a lap. Do you guys know what happened exactly.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/s...d=2&id=2770654

He lost third gear and was probably fortunate to finish. Scroll down to find Juan's comments.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Just because you were leading when the caution came out did not mean that you would win.
    It certainly does if the caution comes out on the last lap and the field freezes that's exactly what happens and there's no chance for any race to the line.

Why would you just declare someone the winner when all they've done is run fast for two laps after the field bunches up?
    You don't "declare" anything. If they are allowed to race to the line the one that crosses first wins. If it happens on a two lap race to the finish after a caution that's the way it happens. At least that's racing.

I've been watching NASCAR for 10 years. Maybe if NASCAR didn't try "keeping costs down" the field wouldn't be so bunched up and we wouldn't need all those cautions.
    The field is "bunched up" because it's restrictor plate racing, it has nothing to do with keeping costs down, it's Nascars idea of safety to keep the cars from exceeding 200 mph and flying into the stands like has happend in the past. Personally I say build higher fences and take the plates off. Better yet lower the banking, get rid of the plates and let them race like real men.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE ANS SMOKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    :-) My sports prediction powers have been extremely poor lately. (All my favorites keep losing)
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt
    :-) My sports prediction powers have been extremely poor lately. (All my favorites keep losing)

Its all good
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you call that a great finish , well ask the drivers that wrecked in the last seconds of the race & one got got turned upside down, that is racing heading for the mortuary! Just think what half of you posters had typed & this racing is going to end with not one death but quite a few in just a matter of seconds,
    It would be really interesting to come on the forum & hear the howling going on, tell yourselves do you really want another Dale E fatality! Ithough not!
    & i heard the race over here live on MRN so this isn't some rant of a poster just reading the news & this thread!
    Ambrose, " the Wonder from Downunder"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Racing is by its very nature dangerous, so I'm not seeing your point. All the drivers are well aware of it, but why do you think they carry on? Because they love it.

Crashes occur at any time in a race, as we saw last night. Would you like them to just stop the race the first time it happens?

They raced to the end, which is what racing is about. Nobody here wants to see anyone get seriously hurt, thats not why we watch.
    I am a brave, brave WOMAN :D