Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bravefish
    If your looking for a bite you've got it.

What a ***** comment
    No need to be insulting, its only my opinion. Please dont flame the board

Thank you

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by havk

Ok, I just asked. Still don't know why some don't like her so much.. Is just because she's overhyped?
    Pretty much.

I do not know much about IRL but I found some information about Danica results and it isn't look bad. 9th in 2006, 7th in 2007, 6th in 2008. 1 win and 2 other podium. I don't think she'd good in F1 but some weak team could give her a chance for 1 or 2 races (and get media interest).
    Yeah, and Marco Parco is 6th in the points this year. But anyway, no one is saying that Danica is the worst driver in the IRL. She's basically a mid pack driver in a very well funded team. Any F1 team that's so deperate for "media interest" that they'd hire a driver, who has never in her life won a road course race, needs to stay in GP2 or where ever they are now. Or do what Spyker was going to do: hire Paris Hilton to stand beside their car... kinda like a hooker.

But I'm still of the opinion that Nelsinho would rip Danica a new one, in roughly equal chassis... on a road/street course at least.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They probably pay more for those hookers that stand next to the cars than ICS pays their drivers for 3-year contracts anyway

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    Sitting in the car, if your manager and team boss, especially Flavio Briatore, tells you to crash on purpose, the first thing that comes to your mind is to do what your told. You don't have time to go through the pro's and con's of doing it.

On top of that, if he doesn't do it, then he can never prove that he was asked to do it by Flavio. And if he doesn't do it, Flavio, who is your manager probably for a long time, buries you so far in F3 or F2000 and makes your life a living hell.

I don't like that he did it either, but in the heat of the moment, he probably didn't think he had much choice.

If he could put together a budget to add a car to Panther Racing or AGR, I wouldn't be pissed.
    To nail this guy for following Team orders in a sport where team orders have asked drivers to do all sorts of stupid obvious crap is hypocracy.

I don't know how much talent this guy has, but everyone thought Jenson Button was a waste of a an F1 ride until this year, and he will likely win the WDC this year. F1 is so car oriented, so who knows how good Nelson Jr. could be. The fact Alonso was faster than him means little, since you don't think for a second both cars are equal now do you?

If this guy shows up in the IRL with money, he will race, he may add something to the series, and he will find out there are no team orders in North American racing. He will also find out smacking the walls on purpose at a place like Indy is a bad idea.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdawg727
    They probably pay more for those hookers that stand next to the cars than ICS pays their drivers for 3-year contracts anyway
    I suspect the girls Bernie buys get paid more than IRL drivers....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From Jayski:

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#piquet

Another F1 Driver looking to move to NASCAR: Nelson Piquet Jr., who became the source of a recent scandal known as 'crash-gate', will be testing in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series with an eye towards a future in NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series with in two years. Piquet Jr., will get behind the wheel of a Toyota Tundra for Red Horse Racing on October 12th [at Rockingham, NC]. He is expected in the team's Mooresville, NC shop Monday for a seat fitting. The Renault F1 team fired the 23-year-old Brazilian earlier this season for underperformance. Shortly after details emerged that Piquet had been ordered to cause a crash in the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix that allowed his teammate Fernando Alonso to win. After an investigation and hearing, Formula One's governing body, the FIA, held a hearing and banned Renault F1's team boss Flavio Briatore for life and the team's technical engineer Pat Symonds for five years. They also placed the team on a 'suspended ban' for two years. Piquet Jr., was given immunity from sanctions in exchange for his testimony and many in Formula One now consider the son of two time Formula One world champion Nelson Piquet to be 'damaged goods'.(SPEEDtv)(10-4-2009)
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Isn't it one of the seven signs of the Apocolypse when drivers turn to NASCAR to rehabiliate their image as, well, drivers? ;-)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He has some talent, but isn't good enough for F1, so he's perfect for the IRL. I hope he comes, because he'd be a great guy for people to "love to hate" due to his shenenigans. And the ladies will love the goodlooking badboy image

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    He has some talent, but isn't good enough for F1, so he's perfect for the IRL. I hope he comes, because he'd be a great guy for people to "love to hate" due to his shenenigans. And the ladies will love the goodlooking badboy image
    No they wont...he is a dweeb with an accent...nothing more....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Piquet Jr. was cruzing the paddock today in Homestead.