Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    2007 Overall Pickems Champion
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I bet Dale Jr will spot PQ Jr as perfect team-mate in the future. The Brazilian has a proven ability of spinning the car out of control and bring a caution flag just when the #88 is first car a lap down and needs a free pass to score a Top 20 result.
    "Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus"
    http://rallyeracing.wordpress.com/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lol its not even that anymore mihai, if a hot dog wrapper is on the track, Nascar throws a caution flag
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    If Nascar wasn't too bad for Montoya than Piquet Jr will be OK too.
    Possibly. But Piquet, Jr.'s overall talent level is a far cry from Montoya's.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    All he has secured is a test in a NASCAR truck. $40-50K can get you one also.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I think he'll be eaten alive in the Truck Series. He might have been better off in Nationwide to be honest.

Either way, i'll be interested in his progress, but don't have the high hopes I had for JPM.

IRL would be a good fit for him, maybe he'll try that next year, and he's just getting some oval experience in before the end of this season?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is a joke right ? Whats next ? Tractor pulling ?
    Go the ALL BLACKS !

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yawn.... His travel expenses last month would probably be more than what that one off ride cost him, in a series that won't suprize me if it doesn't answer the bell next year.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is proof that the Truck Series isn't dying. It has Formula One as a feeder!
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i am bit confused since i have nver seen a truck series. is this championship like the death race 2000. driving a truck down the road looking for people to ramm up.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by race_director
    i am bit confused since i have nver seen a truck series. is this championship like the death race 2000. driving a truck down the road looking for people to ramm up.
    ummmmmm no.....

I think first off the team he is testing with, Red Horse just wants to take his money. Second of all, while I don't think he is quite the villian ( You do what Flavio says if you are working for him and he controls your immediate future ) that people want to paint him as, Nelson Jr. is going to be wasting his time. Racing heavy cars/trucks in NASCAR with little grip and on ovals is about as far from what he is used to as you can get. JPM was an exception to the rule since most OW guys that have come over in the last 5 years have struggled a lot or not made it. JPM, Allemendinger and Hornish have hung on, JPM has started to really rock, but look at the guys who didn't cut it: Speed ( he is lucky to still hold a ride; although admittedly he ran ok in ARCA and Truck), JV (bad team choice but...), Patrick Carpentier (good guy, might make it given a decent ride but......), Dario ('went back to the IRL), Max Papis (great guy but just not there and may never get there) and Christian Fittapaldi (showed up, finished near the back a lot...got out).

All of those guys are better on paper than Nelson Jr. All of em. This guy hasn't a hope in hell.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".