Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by underpowered
    I think Mike Hull and Scott really enjoy working together and I think they would love to keep working together.

I dont think Scott and Chip are best buddies though.

My guess is that if Chip tries to be too cheap...Scott will leave.
    Problem is, either Dixon or Chip has an option on the other for 2010, the media just doesn't know who has it yet. If Chip has the option, Dixon doesn't have much choice. If Dixon has it, he is free to play the free agent market if he'd like.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by underpowered
    I think Mike Hull and Scott really enjoy working together and I think they would love to keep working together.

I dont think Scott and Chip are best buddies though.

My guess is that if Chip tries to be too cheap...Scott will leave.

Im not that sure about that. Scott makes no bones that he wants to win as many races and championships as he can - theres only 3 teams realistically he could do that with - TCGR, Penske and NHL once they get their act together. The relationship he has with Mike Hull is a big factor for sure. Unless a McLaren seat comes along, (and wouldnt that be great for the Kiwi connection) I think heŽll see his best racing days out at Ganassi. HeŽs survived the Chip axe for this long after all..
    Go the ALL BLACKS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravefish
    Im not that sure about that. Scott makes no bones that he wants to win as many races and championships as he can - theres only 3 teams realistically he could do that with - TCGR, Penske and NHL once they get their act together. The relationship he has with Mike Hull is a big factor for sure. Unless a McLaren seat comes along, (and wouldnt that be great for the Kiwi connection) I think heŽll see his best racing days out at Ganassi. HeŽs survived the Chip axe for this long after all..
    At only 29, I believe he could afford a transition year with De Ferran Motorsports, a team that will still be competitive in 2010.
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    At only 29, I believe he could afford a transition year with De Ferran Motorsports, a team that will still be competitive in 2010.
    It depends what you call competitive. Handful of Top 10 finishes ? If Newman Haas are struggling to get results I just can't see DeFerran, let alone any new team waltz on in and start ripping off podium finishes.
    Go the ALL BLACKS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravefish
    It depends what you call competitive. Handful of Top 10 finishes ? If Newman Haas are struggling to get results I just can't see DeFerran, let alone any new team waltz on in and start ripping off podium finishes.
    NHL doesn't have Honda support, they don't have Apex-Brazil money, and they don't have Roger Penske to help them out. Gil de Ferran does. Honda will make sure he gets the top Dallara's available and Apex-Brazil will make sure he has top dollars to get done what needs to be done.
    Bookmark Us!