Thread: Speed Boats

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Speed Boats

My cousin was telling me he just got on a pit crew for Speed Boats that do 1/4 mile in 4 seconds; and to watch Speed Channel on Saturday mornings I think it was.

Is he pulling my.....hair......can they really do that? - and if so, is the boat mostly in the air or mostly in the water? and what kind of fuel do they use?
    We\'ve got loud guitars and big suspicions, great big guns and small ambitions, and we still argue over who is God. Hey there miscreation, bring a flower time is wasting. It\'s hard to make a stand. /Sheryl Crow

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Basics are really simple. Take a large capacity V8 engine, preferably from a Top Fuel dragster, drop it into a boat hull which resembles an F1 powerboat, link up the nitrous oxide tank and away you go, very, very fast indeed.

Take a look here http://www.ihbaracing.com/ for more info.
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    The current world record for the standing quarter is 4.83s at 256mph. Basically it's the same technology for a dragster sans diff but with a prop at the end of the shaft.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow. Thanks for the info. I'll believe him now and ask him to take me along!
    We\'ve got loud guitars and big suspicions, great big guns and small ambitions, and we still argue over who is God. Hey there miscreation, bring a flower time is wasting. It\'s hard to make a stand. /Sheryl Crow