Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Couldnt see Scott going to De Ferrans team - why would you give up a top ride to take a punt on a fledgling team. Unless he wants to become the next Dan Wheldon.. How about Castroneves making the move across to help his old buddy out ? Will Power in the no. 3 Penske.
    Go the ALL BLACKS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    The problem with PT was his red mist which cannot be said of Sato. Sato made a howler of 2005 because he was being beat by Button and tried to address the problem by over driving the car with silly banzai moves.
    Please explain the difference between the red mist and " because he was being beat by Button and tried to address the problem by over driving the car with silly banzai moves". Your description of Sato sounds like a textbook case of the red mist.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Please explain the difference between the red mist and " because he was being beat by Button and tried to address the problem by over driving the car with silly banzai moves". Your description of Sato sounds like a textbook case of the red mist.

Gary
    I think Sato matured and became a better driver at Super Aguri. That last year in F1 was in many ways his best.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell

Gary
    Personally I think was a talented driver who managed to waste some of it by pressing the self destruct button because of his emotions. He's a hard racer who unquestionably overstepped the mark IMHO to the point that Barry Green has called him a F-ing idiot.

The difference with Sato wasn't hot-headed and neither renowed as a hard racer in F1 level (which cannot be said at F3 level, I must digress because he was awesome at F3 level because I saw it with my own eyes). He was the stereotypical Japanese driver in F1 who looked out of his depth at times and lairy manouvres.

Sato needed to find consistancy with his driving - which he eventually did at Super Aguri. With PT I just can't help that more than anything if he had kept his emotions in check he would've been a great driver in CART.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker
    After deFerran/Pagenaud won the ALMS race, both Castro-Neves and Matos were in the pits to congratulate him.
    it wouldn't surprise me one bit if castroneves moved to the deferran team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by penske15
    it wouldn't surprise me one bit if castroneves moved to the deferran team.
    Hmm, that's interesting. I hadn't thought of that scenario.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I feel like Helio has taken a little bit of a back seat to Ryan at Penske, but maybe that wouldn't be the case if he was also up in the championship race. It would take a lot to convince Helio to change teams, he's at arguably the best one right now and anything would be a step down. Perhaps due to his legal issues he may be looking for a big paycheck that DF might be able to provide, but even so, I don't see him leaving Penske any time soon. I believe he renewed last June for 2 more seasons, and at least until that time is up I don't see him going anywhere.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    Hmm, that's interesting. I hadn't thought of that scenario.
    seriously. i mean how often do two top drivers stay on the same team? not even roger penske can rectify that quandry. even though helio has the three 500 wins i'd bet a plug nickle that he'd give one up for a championship. if briscoe goes on to win the title i'll have serious doubts about helio staying at penske. power fills his seat there and helio goes to deferran with pagenaud and sato.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well for those of you who think Scott will be at De Ferran Motorsports in 2010, Scott will be running Petit Le Mans with de Ferran and Pagenaud.

Just adds a little bit of fuel to the fire if you think he is going there, if not, you probably don't care all that much.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    Well for those of you who think Scott will be at De Ferran Motorsports in 2010, Scott will be running Petit Le Mans with de Ferran and Pagenaud.

Just adds a little bit of fuel to the fire if you think he is going there, if not, you probably don't care all that much.
    I think Mike Hull and Scott really enjoy working together and I think they would love to keep working together.

I dont think Scott and Chip are best buddies though.

My guess is that if Chip tries to be too cheap...Scott will leave.