Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

PUT's @ Rockingham

Todays qualifying results are now online at www.smithmotorsport.co.uk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    race 1 results now online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    10 car finishd? dats nt gd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow down too 14 trucks, now that is bad......bad for the oval, credit crunch or not....i can't see the oval being used next year???

And that would be a waste!

but this was always going to happen! when money is tight..

club motorsport in this country is heading over the cliff fast as i Don't expect the PUT to be the only ones in trouble? (if they are????? could've just been a bad weekend)
    TKM kart racer:)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    very disheartening, photos are now online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by car20
    wow down too 14 trucks, now that is bad......bad for the oval, credit crunch or not....i can't see the oval being used next year???

And that would be a waste!

but this was always going to happen! when money is tight..

club motorsport in this country is heading over the cliff fast as i Don't expect the PUT to be the only ones in trouble? (if they are????? could've just been a bad weekend)
    Actually, it doesn't seem to be falling over any cliffs. There are many championships experiencing bigger grids this year than last. It's all about perceived value, and that doesn't just mean getting 20 minutes on track for a tenner less, it means "is the series enjoyable" or "is the series viewed in a positive light by others, whether that's spectators or other competitors".

Sadly, PuT's don't manage the latter, but I'm sure that it's competitors still find it a good hoot!

When it was part of a greater package, and a good show, it was a growth area.

On it's own, it's dwindling, and dying. It needs to be part of a ladder of progression to survive, right now, it's a ladder that goes nowhere, and down is nowhere too!

Very sad that nobody seems to want to do anything about that. Perhaps they want to kill PuT off too?
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racing59
    Perhaps they want to kill PuT off too?
    Who are they?
    2009? wriggly-wriggly for MSVR
    2010? the same unless something of interest returns to "The Rock"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pits!
    Who are they?
    Goodness me The Pits, please keep up with the times
    Everyone knows THEY came from outer space!
    EX Chevvy V8 Owner (Shame really :-()

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    for the 3rd time i'll write this no doubt it will be deleted again. They came from outer space in an shp built spaceship.
    A nice big middle finger for you sonny!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think he'd end up wanting to kill his own series.
    Pitsy, it's been said so many times before. It's the blazers, the old guard, those that couldn't run a bath, the same people that only want to take the rental for the circuit and don't give two hoots what runs on it, just so long as the books balance.

We'd rather seem the books bulging at the seams, and the grandstands full, but that takes commercial guts, and since so many people in the positions that matter are kippers (two faced and spineless), it won't happen. They'll take the easy money, and not go for the long game that *should* reap the bigger rewards. Those rewards include the benefit to the community around the circuit, by drawing people in who spend money in that community, and ultimately build their businesses there.

End of long sighted business outlook.

I now return you back to the blinkered view of motorsport in the Corby area.
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity