Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennizw
    Running out of stages in Canberra? Aren't you hosting rally Australia later this year? :
    Yeah wish we were hosting it, it's about 800km north of us. Still in NSW though.

Might head up, we were hoping to compete but funds are a bit low after some home renovations and too much work on.

Have committed to APRC for next year though, at least 3 rounds anyway.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    ...I think it would be better to allow the "lower" classes like S2000 and Group N cos there are people that enjoy those cars more than WRC cars...
    No problem at all! I myself love The Peugeot 207 S2000! But still, what worries me a bit, Is what will happen If there are 5 drivers In wrc , 2 In S2000 and 3 In GroupN...
    Will the championship be Interesting enough, as there will be few drivers In each category..?
    Any thoughts over that?

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    We could try having a Monte Carlo rally using the 09 mod thing, had a go last night and it was so difficult

Varied events would be good with different stages from each country
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi guys!
    I just thought I could write one or two words.
    First thing are car classes. I understand LCD's point- 2 or 3 drivers in a class seems to be boring. But not for those 2- 3 drivers! I personally would stick to my c4 (but might swap it with sierra crossworth if historic class is organised ), but I can imagine guys who enjoy let's say group N cars more are going to have a hell lot's of fun competing with each other rather than being forced to drive a car they don't enjoy at all. Don't forget how much had entries quantities (I hope this is how You write it changed over the season. I'm sure next one is going to consist of even more drivers. Especially if we're going to use either rbr czech or rsrbr. Which leads us to another topic:
    Console players- simple question how many console players do we have in championship? Do those guys have PC's? If they do It might be good idea if they simple bought PC version of the game. I'm serious- it's worth every penny, becouse in fact You get completely new game (new tracks, new cars, new sounds, new textures for everything, new peacenotes etc etc...). If You have PC, It can propably run RBR with no problems, as we all know RBR is becoming vintage;P
    Now last think I must mention are the plugins. I have tried both rbr czech and rsrbr. I love cars physics in rbr czech, and this is MY plugin of choice, but on the other hand rsrbr is much more simple to use- simply install it, and play it. Plus today i tried awesome monte carlo mod on rsrbr, and it blow me away onto the moon! IT'S AVESOME! When You drive on black stuff, You have a bit of grip, when road changes sometimes into white, You must apply some adjustmens to speed, as the grip is much lower. It was so much fun to fight with the car, listen to the peacenotes (as i drove reversed track unknown to me), and scan the surface for any change. SOOO MUUUCH FUUUUN! Another very important in my opinion plus are service areas- damage car a bit, and struggle for next 2 stages to even get it to the service so You can fix a car. On top of that, with plugins It would be possible to compare splits on- go! (sorry for mistakes, but it's late, and I'm not English)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LCD
    No problem at all! I myself love The Peugeot 207 S2000! But still, what worries me a bit, Is what will happen If there are 5 drivers In wrc , 2 In S2000 and 3 In GroupN...
    Will the championship be Interesting enough, as there will be few drivers In each category..?
    Any thoughts over that?
    LCD's opinion is right!
    If there are 3 drivers in each category championship loses
    the incredible competition that had last time
    I also love WRC cars and believe couldn't run with something else!!
    ..speed with no limits..
    fan of Kimi Raikkonen and Mikko Hirvonen:champion:

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    I'd have no problem running the 09 mod but for the simple fact that I can't get it, so unless you guys want to put it on a DVD and post it to me, I won't support the idea, great as it does sound. Using the Czech plugin is also ok, but they have a problem with it which means I have to create a whole new profile on my pc to make it work and they refuse to fix the issue, just give people arrogance instead.

As for the class thing, I still think the WRC aren't that nice to drive as lower grade drivers like myself go. Besides, as my times with the 207 proved on Mineshaft, my times aren't that different in a S2000 car compared to a WRC, yet you'd battle with a Group N car to match the times. I think it should be a case of "run what you bring" in any class from WRC, S2000 or Group N, and then where you get overall is your problem. You want to run for overall honours, then drive very well or get a WRC car. No limits as to what classes you can run in or cars you can run. So its totally up to the competitor as to what he/she wants to do rather than being forced to run a car they don't like and getting fed up with the series and running away.

Personally I look forward to the challange of seeing how far up the leaderboard I can get with a S2000 car.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Heres my 2 cents for the discussion. Mods (like the czech plugin) should be run only if we can be sure that we won't lose any competitors because they could not run RBR as the rules specifies. Let's wait at first and see how many PS2 drivers are there and if they can use PC version of RBR. After that we should find if there is any problems running the plugin.
    About classes allowed in the championship, I think we should allow from group-A to modern day (group-A, WRC, s2000, group-N, JWRC, R3 etc.). I think group-B has unfair power to weight ration compared to other cars.
    I personally prefer WR cars as they are easy to drive (for me at least), have enough torque at lower rpms and tuning the setups any WR car can handle the way I like.
    <Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes>

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would not be fair to turn people away just because they dont have the PC version of the game.
    the big print giveth the small print taketh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @NeverKnow
    Don't worry about group B class cars- not even one was released for RBR yrt.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WOW!! We've really got a hornet's nest of opinions flying about!!!

LCD: I like your plan of getting the top 8 to select the season's rallies, but I think we should imitate the WRC by deceiding and publishing the schedule in advance. It makes for better planning and strategy.

To those who agree/disagree that different classes of car should be used; I say they SHOULD, for the reasons I outlined in the Australia thread. 4WD and max. 300hp. How you drive it -to compete for fun or to win- is entirely up to the individual.

As to the debate of PS2 vs PC; I say get PC !!! I got mine (SoldOut version) from Amazon-co-uk for £4.99p (new) and it works fine on Windows Vista.
    There are SOOOOOOO many add-ons and mods for the PC version that it really is a no-brainer. I like the WRC series on PS2 but the restriction of no add-ons is prohibitive.
    If you find the cost of a new, good-spec. PC for RBR too high then secondhand Windows XP PC's with DVD-ROM drives can be had through classified ads and electronics shops (e.g RF Potts Electrical, Derby, UK. Dell PC with XP suitable to run RBR would be about £70-£100).

.........and to finish, I think that 13 entries is fine and we should continue rather than drive people away with too many rules and regulations.

"You're supposed to be having FUN !! I order you to enjoy yourself"
    "I rolled......................I retired"