Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking The Spyder is back in ALMS

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...che-rs-spyder/

this is fantastic news for ALMS to have Porsche back in P2. with how bad the fields have been in for the prototype classes, its good to see them back and challenging the top team right away.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    GREAT news!
    Formula 1

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Great to hear!

But off topic:
    But since then, the Greg Pickett-owned organization has been out of the sportscar racing scene, selling both of its Lola prototypes and focusing its entire efforts on the resurrected Muscle Milk Trans-Am Series.
    The what??? Never heard of it.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I wonder if they will get much Porsche factory backing? It seems odd that Dyson are filling in the technical details when they'll be running against each other in P2.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Great to hear!

But off topic:

The what??? Never heard of it.
    You won't hear much about it. It's mostly running on the same weekends as club races. It sounds like they are trying to rebuild Trans-Am from the local level up, but I don't know that there is that much interest in those sorts of cars any more.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    You won't hear much about it. It's mostly running on the same weekends as club races. It sounds like they are trying to rebuild Trans-Am from the local level up, but I don't know that there is that much interest in those sorts of cars any more.
    It was news to me that Trans Am was back (in any form). The Mustang has been a rather consistent seller for Ford, even during this downturn. And people are lining up for the new Camaro. I don't know how popular the Challenger is, as far as sales - but it looks rather nice (though I wouldn't trust Chrysler's quality control any farther than I could throw a plant Quality Manager). These nostalgia cars seem to have a good following. But like you, I don't know that it's enough to build an upper tier, professional series around anymore. The people buying these cars now seem to be more into drag racing than anything else. That and cost seem to be behind Ford's decision to give the Mustang a solid rear axle, instead of IRS.

Well, thanks for the info.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith