Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Yes, but he doesn't mention anything about the team giving him a bad car, as Hamilton has.

“When you start out in a team, you have to get the teamwork going and then you get something back.”

That's one of Michael's quotes too, from the same link.
    You can say that, but the truth is that the team HAVE given him a bad car. People are criticising a guy for telling the truth now? Bloody hell.

The BMW drivers have also complained about their car this year, and I don't think Kimi's attitude early in the season paints a picture of being a good team player.

Yes, Hamilton was snappy and uncooperative earlier in the year, but his expectation was the championship and victories. Now, he's appreciating good performances from the team, himself and he's enjoying the races. This is because he's lowered his expectations and is now racing for points if possible.

And Schumacher's attitude wasn't always particularly good, but I'd say Schumi was bad in the middle of a challenge, a fight. When he was a way infront or a way behind, he was professional most of the time.

But Schumacher was capable of 3rd in the championship in 05, performing reasonably well. Hamilton is driving really well this year, but there's no way 3rd, or dare I say the top 8 in the championship is in reach for him this year.

He won't beat all the drivers from Brawn, RBR, Ferrari and Toyota this year, and he'll struggle to beat Rosberg and Nakajima too.

Liked 650 Times in 514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Personally, I don't really care about any of this. Let's not mark F1 drivers out as being anything other than people doing a job. We all have a bad attitude towards our work colleagues at times, I'm sure. Sometimes it's justified, sometimes it isn't. So what?
    I agree with this! And I find it ridiculous when people reference something another driver did similarly nine years ago.
    I really started to warm to Lewis. His talent is obvious.
    However it is perfectly acceptable imho for Lewis to take heat for liegate within the season it occurred.
    It's called penance in my book, because the points lost don’t amount to squat on a squat-stick in terms of the penalty fitting.
    Humiliation for this transgression, this year, is just, and will serve as a future deterent!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ladies and gentlemen....I give you...the 1996 F310 Ferrari.

Don't recall the youngest double world champion saying anything ungracious at the time, and that was certainly a car less than commesurate for a champion.
    Well, Ferrari chew up and spit out WDC's who bad mouth their cars - see Prost and the Truck that the Scuderia gave him to drive.....

So MS clearly was just using his brain and keeping schtum.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I think you've pretty much summed it up there, and Tazio is right also. Lewis is under criticism for admitting his car is a pile of pants and unlike Kubica, Raikkonen, Massa, and Alonso who have all done the same, he is getting the negative attention due to liegate. Thats fair enough I suppose, he was very stupid in what he did, and has to expect people not to let it go for this season. The main thing is he is showing that he has talent and is doing very well under the circumstances.
    I like Hamilton but he tends to say the wrong things when he opens his mouth. Remember the "monkeys at the back of the grid" reference he made? There are others too.

He is a young man still and has a lot to learn about diplomacy, he will improve over time.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Oh, and so is....

"The fact is we were too slow here and we did not look too competitive."

Note the "we", eh, Lewis?

It is like this: I won, I drove better, I got the pole, i got bigger balls but it is WE lost, We were slow, we.......unless it is really serious bad, then it is "they" as in "they" made me lie....

Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: