Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: H A N S

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Nate, I would consider your purchase wisely. I remember a few years ago in v8 supercars, one of the drivers complained that he was trapped in the car because of the HANS device when he rolled.
    fair comment ... my reasoning lies with the fact that most australian rounds (at any level) are in forestry and a straight on imact with a tree / bank / stump is pretty common accident. also being a navigator i am fairly low down in the car so even if the roof does come in a little i should still be able to get the hans off. if for whatever reason i am stuck in the car help is only 2 minutes behind you ... just my 2 cents anyway

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Finland / Rally
    HANS is mandatory 2010- in Finnish Championchip events and 2012- all rally events!

Many Finnish rally and rallysprint drivers use it allready.
    - drive fast, crash hard -

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    HANS is no more mandatory in Europe,only in WRC

Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts
    Russian rally championship is "HANS must".
    http://www.ALMrally.ru All about rally in Russian

Liked 11,224 Times in 4,454 Posts
    In Czech republic it is mandatory as Pluto said but it is also mandatory for national sprintrally championship for N4 and S1600 (I think).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Today it was announced that HANS is NO MORE MANDATORY ANYWHERE

It is mandatory only in WRC

Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate
    fair comment ... my reasoning lies with the fact that most australian rounds (at any level) are in forestry and a straight on imact with a tree / bank / stump is pretty common accident. also being a navigator i am fairly low down in the car so even if the roof does come in a little i should still be able to get the hans off. if for whatever reason i am stuck in the car help is only 2 minutes behind you ... just my 2 cents anyway
    And your seatbelt cutters will also cut the HANS straps, so i really don't seeing this as an issue...
    /peter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you have to use the hans in every form of a rally in ireland from this year on

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here in NZ they have been made compulsory this season for Group N 4wd.

I purchased one 2 years ago so I could get used to it in my own time before they are compulsory. I have found it excellent and highly recommend them! - last season I was codriving in 2 crashes where the drivers momentarily lost consciousness (different drivers and cars) I had no loss of conscousness at all.
    Someone mentioned above you cannot get out with a HANS device in a roll, well I am not small and in the 2nd crash we rolled and had to go out through the drivers window with the car still upside down and this was no problem at all, if it had been I have quick release tethers on mine which with a quick pull disconnect the device from the helmet.
    The only other thing that is worth considering is the gel pads, as rallying we have them on a long time in a days rallying.
    And no they don't restrict your side vision, I codrive for some seriously sideways drivers and have no problem whatsoever.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    Mandatory in Czech republic, in Spain, in Turkey, in whole ERC...
    No in Turkey it's postponed to next year due to financial crisis. But for ERC Istanbul Rally teams like Delta Sport and Ford Rallye Sport Turkey, as i heard, rent HANS to his competitors for this rally