Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samuratt
    Where they trying to finish the race at all costs so Button could get his 10 points? this will really help him to get a good lead in the standing points...
    No, that's complete nonsense really. They are under an obligation to run the race if at all possible, which meant waiting until the last moment.

They would have looked like total chumps if 30 minutes before the 2 hour limit they called the race as over, then it stopped raining and they could have had 20 minutes further racing.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They certainly have a chance with Button at the wheel, but i wouldn't say it was completely theirs for the taking. They need to continue the great start they have made, and then come Britain, if they have a considerable lead of say 10-20 points they have a great chance.
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    No, that's complete nonsense really. They are under an obligation to run the race if at all possible, which meant waiting until the last moment.

They would have looked like total chumps if 30 minutes before the 2 hour limit they called the race as over, then it stopped raining and they could have had 20 minutes further racing.

The nonsense was to try to finish the race in such conditions. It was almost close to the 2h limit and yet they haven't decided, when at 18:30 it was clear enough that there was not enough time to complete the 9 laps they needed to cover the 75% of the grand prix (please bear in mind that the called it off at 18:52, and that in order to restart the race, they needed to do 9 laps after the SC, which would have taken them more than 25min given the conditions, plus another 10 min for the teams to prepare). Therefore the only reason why they wanted to finish the race, once the 2 hours limit was almost completed, was to give full points, and not half. The only logic I see behind this was to award the winner with 10 points rather than 5 (as he is the one that has a bigger loss than the rest...).

Yet again this is only an idea, it has not have to be truth, thoughy it could, and if it is, it is certainly close to fixing results, something the FIA is doing lately a lot.
    ÑBA I love this game! :up:

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/...on-to-ferrari/

Quite interesting praise by Brawn. Is it just a simple case of talking up his own driver or does he seriously think Button should have been considered over, say, Räikkönen?

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Samuratt - bear in mind that the two hour limit would not have actually been two hours, since the time while the race was suspended would have been added to it as per rule 5.3 in the sporting regulations. Of course it would have been dark before the time limit could be reached anyway, but theoretically the race might have continued to 7:15 or a little later if the weather had cleared up.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    The Brawn car is a very good car indeed. If you take Jenson out of the equation, it seems on a par with Toyota and slightly ahead of the rest.

Jenson is making the most of the opportunity and proving what a few of us have already maintained.
    Jenson is using the car more than Rubens who is struggling when there is a lot of fuel onboard, but the reality is that Brawn GP car is by far ahead of others.
    Kimi, Massa, Alonso, Hamilton, Webber, Kubica would all be beating Jenson with ease in that car.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Jenson is using the car more than Rubens who is struggling when there is a lot of fuel onboard, but the reality is that Brawn GP car is by far ahead of others.
    Kimi, Massa, Alonso, Hamilton, Webber, Kubica would all be beating Jenson with ease in that car.
    you missed "in my opinion" off the end of that statement
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samuratt
    The nonsense was to try to finish the race in such conditions. It was almost close to the 2h limit and yet they haven't decided, when at 18:30 it was clear enough that there was not enough time to complete the 9 laps they needed to cover the 75% of the grand prix
    You're going off the assumption here that the only reason to restart the race was to reach the 75% distance marker. But that's not relevant in this case. They are under an obligation to attempt to restart the race even if they cannot reach 75%. They must attempt to do the maximum distance possible.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    You're going off the assumption here that the only reason to restart the race was to reach the 75% distance marker. But that's not relevant in this case. They are under an obligation to attempt to restart the race even if they cannot reach 75%. They must attempt to do the maximum distance possible.
    As I said, it is only an idea... Anyways there was no point in restarting the race for 4 laps under the SC. What was the purpose? create an accident? entertaining the fans?? no way.

I stand by my argument, the only reason the had to restart the race was to cover the 75% and give full points, otherwise I can not understand why they were risking an accident in such conditions for a show that the funs are not going to enjoy (who likes to see cars behind the SC for 9 laps???)
    ÑBA I love this game! :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Well, I don't have the benefit of your psycic foresight : so all I can do is use the facts on the table.

We have seen the results of RB and MS. Schumacher was a better driver but Rubens was not far off and bested him on quite a few occassions.

In the Honda, they were pretty equal when the car was a shed but as soon as it's sorted, Jenson is consistently the faster driver.

Either you think Rubinho is a crap driver and Schumacher not that special or the evidence suggests that if you rate Rubens as a driver, then Button is a level above?